San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 14, 2009
WaveMaker Software™, the only Open-source Platform as a Service (Open PaaS), announced the release of WaveMaker 5.2. This release introduces one-click deployment to Amazon EC2, making WaveMaker the most easy-to-use cloud development solution.
With WaveMaker 5.2, building cloud applications is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Leverage existing assets: WaveMaker can re-use existing data, web services and code.
2. Create self-service user interface: WaveMaker's client framework enables end-users to do their own configuration.
3. One-click cloud deployment: WaveMaker's one-click deployment manager moves application directly to Amazon EC2.
Improvements to WaveMaker 5.2
WaveMaker 5.2 includes the following improvements
- One-click cloud deployment - Applications built in WaveMaker Studio can deploy directly to EC2.
- RightScale integration - For multi-server deployments, WaveMaker integrates with RightScale's cloud management platform
- Resource Manager - WaveMaker now has a drag and drop interface to manage images and files within a project.
- Built-in database - WaveMaker applications can use an embedded HSQLDB database, eliminating the need for a separate cloud DB.
- Upgraded UI - Wavemaker has been updated to use the latest version of Dojo 1.3.2.
- Charting widgets (beta) - WaveMaker includes charting widgets such as pie, bar and stacked columns.
- Web service enhancements - WaveMaker supports REST post operations and multiple operations per service.
- Single sign-on Security - WaveMaker enterprise supports single sign-on using JOSSO.
Download the Free WaveMaker Studio
WaveMaker Community Edition is available for free under the Apache 2.0 open source license. WaveMaker Enterprise Edition is available under a WaveMaker commercial license. Applications created using WaveMaker deploy as standard Java WAR files to Java servers such as IBM WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss and Tomcat. With no proprietary code or languages involved, WaveMaker applications easily meet CIOs' architecture, security and data policies.
To download a copy of WaveMaker Community Edition, go to: http://www.wavemaker.com/downloads.
To learn more about WaveMaker Enterprise Edition, go to: http://www.wavemaker.com/product/how_to_buy.html.
About WaveMaker Software
WaveMaker Software™ is the only Open-source Platform as a Service (Open PaaS) for developing cloud-ready applications. Launched in 2007, WaveMaker provides an easy-to-use cloud development framework that enables anyone to build great-looking web applications.
The WaveMaker solution is backed by a 10,000-strong open source developer community and is a core component of IBM's Cloud Quickstart Architecture. Customers include Best Western, Macy's, National City Bank and Pioneer Energy. For more information, please visit http://www.wavemaker.com.
WaveMaker is a registered trademark of WaveMaker Software. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
# # #