Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) September 16, 2009
Despite rumors that the economy is picking up, many families are still feeling the crunch of the economic downturn. Budget101.com's founder Liss Burnell, will reveal 17 secrets to cutting expenses as a family with timely tips for the fall and upcoming holiday season at 1 p.m. ET on Wed., Sept. 23 on "Real Parents. Real Solutions." airing on http://www.voiceamerica.com.
The holidays bring extra expenses and if parents hope to provide their children with festive holiday cheer, many parents will need to cut costs now.
"All parents have been hit hard by the recession and are looking for ways to squeeze more money from their budget. Providing presents and holiday memories for their children are still top priorities for parents, however. This show will deliver practical budget-cutting tips that will help parents save cash for the upcoming holidays," said Toni Schutta, host of "Real Parents. Real Solutions."
Five budget-cutting tips are featured here and 12 other secrets to cutting the family budget will be revealed during the broadcast on Sept. 23.
- When Convenience Foods are No Longer Convenient- The average family of 4 spends more than $700 a month on their grocery budget. Here are just a few tips that will help you cut your grocery bill in half every month:
o Buy in season fruits and vegetables and prepare them for later use (canning, freezing, dehydrating)
o Remove convenience foods from shopping list- make your own. Homemade mixes for items such noodle mixes, rice mixes, cakes, etc. take just a few minutes each week and can reduce the grocery bill by as much as $200 a month
o Purchase cheaper cuts of meat- learn how to properly cook them
- Holiday Décor- Fall is a beautiful time of year and nature offers an abundance of inexpensive decorations, allowing you to enjoy the full beauty of the season, indoors or out. Learn how to make your own easy centerpieces, nature luminaries, candy corn air freshener and colorful fall swags. http://www.budget101.com/autumndecor.htm
- Saving Green While Cleaning Green- The average US family spends more than $25 a month on cleaning products. Did you know you can make your own chemical free cleaners for just pennies? From Air Fresheners to Zipper Fixer and everything in between. Learn more at http://www.budget101.com/household.htm
- Halloween Costumes- Consider having your child dress up as an athlete, book character, monster or bag of popcorn with supplies you already have around the house rather than buying an expensive ready-made costume made from cheap materials. http://www.budget101.com/hw1.htm
- Dining Out- Do you wish you could eat out every night, but find that with your current budget you can't afford to eat out once a month? You can enjoy your favorite restaurant dishes in the comfort of your own home by following these easy tried and true copycat/clone recipes. http://www.budget101.com/clone_recipes.htm
"Real Parents. Real Solutions." airs live on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Pacific/ 11 a.m. Mountain/ 12 p.m. Central/1 p.m. Eastern on the VoiceAmerica Variety Channel. To access the show, log on at http://www.voiceamericavariety.com. Replay of all shows are available in Toni Schutta's Content Library on the VoiceAmerica Channel for on-demand and pod cast download at http://www.voiceamericavariety.com.
The VoiceAmericaTM Network offers the latest conversations in a talk radio format, providing education, interaction, and advice on key issues live, on demand as well as through pod cast download. If interested in hosting a talk radio show on VoiceAmerica Network, contact Jeff Spenard, President of Internet Radio at 480-294-6417 or at jeff.spenard @ modavox.com.
Contact Executive Producer Mark Pace at 480-553-5745 for advertising / sponsorship information or other show details.
About Melissa Burnell:
Melissa 'Liss' Burnell is the founder of Budget101 and author of "How to Feed a Family of Four or More For Less that $200 a Month." Budget 101.com consistently ranks in the top 150,000 sites available online and is dedicated to helping people get the most for their money.
About Toni Schutta:
Toni Schutta is a Licensed Psychologist and Parent Coach with a Master's Degree is Psychology. Schutta has 15 years experience helping parents find solutions that work and hosts the radio show, "Real Parents. Real Solutions." on http://www.voiceamerica.com.
About VoiceAmerica / Modavox:
(OTC.BB MDVX), Modavox is the leading producer and distributor of online talk radio content, streaming approximately 250 hours of live programs and scheduled replays weekly on its Modavox VoiceAmerica™ Network (http://www.voiceamerica.com). Modavox, Inc. (http://www.modavox.com) is a pioneer in internet broadcasting, producing and syndicating online audio and video, and offering innovative, effective and comprehensive online tools for reaching targeted niche communities worldwide. Through its patented Modavox technology, Modavox delivers content straight to desktops and Internet-enabled devices. Modavox provides managed access for live and on-demand internet broadcasting and syndication, content management, online meetings, event management, enterprise communications and distance learning.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" for purposes of the Securities and Exchange Commission's "safe harbor" provisions under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Rule 3b-6 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause Modavox's actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated, including the risk factors identified in Modavox's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.