Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) September 16, 2009
FleetMind Solutions, Inc., the technology leader for fleet management solutions, now offers Waste and Recycling companies a Web-based application for the automated management of individual carts and customers.
"Waste and Recycling firms place the highest value on ensuring accurate service delivery and a problem-free customer experience," said Martin Demers, CEO of FleetMind. "To help them achieve this, we provide a comprehensive cart delivery and management system. Using RFID tags, each garbage can or cart can be associated with a specific customer address. Drivers can quickly verify cart details by scanning these with handheld devices. Inventory management capabilities can update backend databases in real-time on service or replacement and repair requirements."
The FleetMind cart management system provides Waste and Recycling firms with the most advanced solution for automated garbage collection, enabling the following process:
1. Carts are associated to each customer with RFID tags and GPS geo-coding positioning.
2. The information thus captured is fed back to the back office/dispatch system.
3. The back office dispatches a designated customer route to a truck.
4. The truck implements the route and the lifts are confirmed automatically when the FleetLink on-board system reads and recognizes the garbage cans collected from their RFID tags, thereby automating the service verification process.
5. For exceptions, the driver can send messages to the back office to advise Sales of new customers not indicated on the route, or Maintenance of any carts needing repair.
6. After each stop, the confirmation data is sent immediately to the back office allowing customer service representatives to respond to customer inquiries or complaints with real-time data.
7. Repairs and replacement data can be dispatched to the cart delivery handheld for Maintenance to repair and replace carts as needed with a "maintenance route".
"Our enhanced cart delivery and management system delivers better service through real-time access to information and immediate response capabilities," added Mr. Demers. "As a result, our Waste and Recycling customers are reporting a sharp increase in truck productivity and a significant reduction in the time it takes to deal with customer service inquiries and complaints."
FleetMind Solutions, Inc. is the technology leader for fleet management solutions. FleetMind was founded in 1996 by bringing together leading-edge computer systems expertise for harsh, real-world environments with breakthrough research and development in telematics for heavy trucks. FleetMind designs, manufactures, and markets wireless enabled on-board computers, driver terminals and business automation software that extend the reach of our customer's enterprise back-office systems all the way to the truck and driver. Our solutions have allowed some of the largest transportation and Waste Management fleets in North America to link their drivers and vehicles to business operations in real-time, delivering proven business results and a true competitive edge. FleetMind puts YOU in your driver's seat. For more information, visit us at http://www.FleetMind.com.
For more information, visit us at http://www.FleetMind.com.