Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) September 16, 2009
With increasing demands for operational efficiencies, California Waste Recovery Systems (Cal-Waste) was looking for a fleet management technology solution to improve operations, and mitigate billing and customer service delays.
"The cost of doing business is increasing, and fleet managers are seeking ways to ramp up productivity and gain more visibility into fleet operations to keep customers happy and improve financial metrics," said Martin Demers, CEO of FleetMind. "The Cal-Waste management team understands the current challenges and has a progressive vision for using technology to optimize their fleet operations and processes."
"Bottle necks in getting service data from the field into our back office system delayed our roll off billing cycles for several days. These delays can directly affect cash flows and we needed to improve the billing timeline," said Cal-Waste Vice President, Jack Fiori. Additionally, Cal-Waste wanted to be able to respond more quickly to customer service requests with detailed and timely information.
Cal-Waste turned to FleetMind for a solution that included the FleetMind onboard computer, FleetLink reporting system, and interactive, real-time FleetMap solution. FleetMind implemented the solution to operate over a GPRS communications system, establishing direct real time communications with each truck.
Cal-Waste was able to recognize the following benefits of using the FleetMind solution within months:
- Next Day Billing: Billing information is now sent immediately after call completion.
- Billing Accuracy: Better reporting capabilities made it easy to identify accounts that were underpriced, and to simplify driver and route comparisons.
- Better Billing Reconciliation: Landfill invoice reconciliations are simpler and faster, and mistakes have been virtually eliminated.
- Increased Operational Efficiencies: Customer service representatives spend less time inputting work requests, and can provide precise orders to the drivers more quickly.
- Service Verification: Dispatch now has a more timely and accurate view into service delivery.
- Cost Savings: Streamlined data entry processes have reduced personnel time and costs.
Added Mr. Fiori: "FleetMind has allowed us to reduce our costs, and upgrade our accuracy and productivity."
Cal-Waste is a privately owned, full service waste removal company providing commercial, industrial and residential collection services for over 80 years in Northern California's Greater San Joaquin and Sacramento County areas.
FleetMind Solutions, Inc. is the technology leader for fleet management solutions. FleetMind was founded in 1996 by bringing together leading-edge computer systems expertise for harsh, real-world environments with breakthrough research and development in telematics for heavy trucks. FleetMind designs, manufactures, and markets wireless enabled on-board computers, driver terminals and business automation software that extend the reach of our customer's enterprise back-office systems all the way to the truck and driver. Our solutions have allowed some of the largest transportation and Waste Management fleets in North America to link their drivers and vehicles to business operations in real-time, delivering proven business results and a true competitive edge. FleetMind puts YOU in your driver's seat.
For more information, visit us at http://www.FleetMind.com.