QlikView now offers companies of all sizes in Greater China a whole new class of BI software so they can get to the answers they need quickly, and have the flexibility to make the strategic changes that will sustain their business for competitive advantage. The era of antiquated, hard-to-use BI software is coming to an end.
Radnor, PA (PRWEB) September 14, 2009
QlikTech, the world's fastest growing business intelligence (BI) company, today announced that it has launched a comprehensive go-to-market strategy in Greater China. The award-winning company sees significant opportunity for its unique and patented associative technology to be rapidly adopted in the Greater China BI software market. QlikTech expects its proven product - offering fast deployment and payback - will encourage companies throughout Greater China to adopt its next generation BI solution in preference to traditional vendors such as SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos and Oracle Hyperion. Following its recent success expanding in Asia Pacific with its launch in Japan earlier this year, QlikTech is poised to make significant inroads into the BI market in China (where IDC estimated that the total market had a value of US$260 million in 2008 after growing some 15%), as well as in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
QlikTech has underlined a major commitment to servicing the Greater China market:
- QlikView in simplified Chinese will be introduced in the latest version of QlikTech's software - QlikView 9.0. To accelerate QlikView's rapid acceptance in the Greater China market, QlikView Personal Edition will also be made available for free download and use for personal applications.
- Master reseller agreement with Shanghai-based Commit Info-tech Co., Ltd. Commit Info is a fast-growing technology company with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Taipei, that has been selling BI software for many years. They will be launching the Chinese version of QlikView into the Greater China market.
- Strategic agreement with Kingdee Software, a leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) software Company headquartered in Shenzhen and listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. As the ERP software company with the largest number of users in China, Kingdee selected QlikView to be integrated into the business intelligence module of its K/3 ERP standard edition system, to provide its customers with the most powerful business information analysis tools. As the number one supplier of ERP to small to medium enterprises for the past four years (according to IDC) Kingdee's 600,000 customers and 1,100 partners create a powerful network. A number of Kingdee customers purchased QlikView immediately after the announcement of its availability.
- Four major customers added, including Anji-TNT Automotive Logistics Co. Ltd. in China, Fountain Set (Holdings) Limited in Hong Kong and Excelsior Healthcare Group in Taiwan.
- Chinese Web site and Advice Center launched. QlikView Advice Center is an informative online BI resource in traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese and English targeting the Greater China market. It exposes some of the myths surrounding BI and explains how QlikView makes BI easy and affordable to implement. Go to: http://www.qlikviewadvicecenter.cn or http://www.qlikviewadvicecenter.hk or http://www.qlikviewadvicecenter.tw.
"We are thrilled to unveil major initiatives in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan that we believe will quickly make QlikView an important force in Greater China. With the traditional players lacking QlikView's associative capabilities and rapid time to value, we expect to win business from companies that have been ill-served by their current solutions and are fed up with failed and expensive attempts to implement BI," said Lars Bjork, CEO of QlikTech. "QlikView now offers companies of all sizes in Greater China a whole new class of BI software so they can get to the answers they need quickly, and have the flexibility to make the strategic changes that will sustain their business for competitive advantage. The era of antiquated, hard-to-use BI software is coming to an end."
QlikTech has over 40 customers in Greater China in many sectors, including food and beverage, financial services, logistics, government and public sector, manufacturing, media, pharmaceutical, real estate, retail and trading. Current customers include CTR, Homemart, Little Sheep, Sidel, Bank of China and Zhonghai Fund Management Co. Ltd.
QlikTech is the world's fastest-growing Business Intelligence (BI) company. Its flagship QlikView product delivers instant business answers, enabling users to easily explore their data without limits. Unlike traditional BI, QlikView delivers immediate value with payback measured in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It is the only BI offering that can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device--from a single user to the largest global enterprise.
Through QlikView's disruptive, in-memory associative approach, business users have experienced unprecedented success and satisfaction, backed by its unique 30-day money-back guarantee. QlikTech has more than 12,000 customers in 95 countries and over 800 partners worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.qlikview.com.
QlikTech and QlikView are trademarks or registered trademarks of QlikTech International AB. Other company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #