Wedding planning can be a stressful process, but at OneWed we strive to make it as easy, enjoyable, and social as possible.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) September 16, 2009
OneWed.com, the wedding planning website with the largest online directory of local wedding vendors, announced today that it has been named a finalist for the Chicago Innovation Awards, an annual recognition that celebrates the city's most innovative companies. Each year, ten winners are chosen for their unique contributions to the marketplace and their impact on the community.
OneWed.com presents its newest online platform, WeddingPreParty.com, as innovation for consideration in the competition. OneWed's Wedding Pre-Party brings the fun and convenience of social networking to the wedding planning process. This new social wedding planning site enables the engaged couple and their guests to socialize, share information, post inspirational ideas and help the engaged couple plan their wedding in a private online forum created by the bride and groom. Additionally, with Facebook Connect, Facebook users can quickly and easily authenticate into WeddingPreParty.com using their already established Facebook account.
"As a Chicago business, we're thrilled to provide WeddingPreParty.com to couples as a convenient and innovative resource in wedding planning," says Troy Henikoff, CEO for OneWed.com. "Wedding planning can be a stressful process, but at OneWed we strive to make it as easy, enjoyable, and social as possible."
The unique features of WeddingPreParty.com for the newly engaged couple and their guests include:
- Niche wedding planning social network where the wedding party and wedding guests chat with the bride and groom and offer wedding planning tips, advice, ideas with images and inspiration for styles of wedding dresses, wedding cakes and more, conveniently compiled and easily accessible in one virtual space
- Invite-only access to the bride and groom's private, personalized wedding planning site, with additional tools for the couple to build their public wedding website
- An interactive, personalized wedding checklist where the bride and groom manage details and delegate tasks to other guests - His & Hers status updates to share first-person feedback
- Access to the largest online directory of local and national wedding vendors, ratings and reviews directly from your personalized wedding planning social network
- Photo albums of wedding pre-parties
- Ability to view photos and profiles of the other wedding guests in advance
- Opportunity to send the bride and groom customized conversational messages through sharing of "tips," "toasts" and "truths"
- Facilitate simple group discussion, whether contributing bachelor/bachelorette party ideas or determining the best options for wedding travel plans
Winners of the Chicago Innovation Awards will be announced Tuesday October 20th at the Goodman Theater in Chicago.
Additionally, this summer, OneWed's Wedding Pre-Party was nominated for the 2009 AdWeek Buzz Awards. Wedding Pre-Party was nominated for a People's Choice Buzz Award in the Social Media category.
About the Chicago Innovation Awards
Kuczmarski & Associates and prominent local journalist Dan Miller established the Chicago Innovation Awards in 2002 as an annual program to honor significant innovations introduced by Chicago-area companies. Each year, the Chicago Innovation Awards honor 10 winners who have introduced products or services that uniquely fill unmet needs, generate a competitive response in the marketplace, exceed market expectations and achieve financial success. For more information, visit chicagoinnovationawards.com.
OneWed provides the largest searchable online database of local wedding vendors, with honest and detailed ratings and reviews. Founded in 2003 and re-launched in December 2008, OneWed boasts a directory of over 200,000 vendors nationwide and provides a wealth of tips, advice, and creative suggestions to help any couple personalize their wedding experience. In July 2009, OneWed launched WeddingPreParty.com, a virtual way for couples to start the celebration early and keep in contact, while building excitement before the big day. Additionally, the site features OneWed's Savvy Scoop Wedding Blog, online wedding checklist, and free wedding websites. Couples can continue to look to OneWed for everything from engagement rings to honeymoon planning. OneWed can be found online at OneWed.com, facebook.com/Wedding.Planning, and twitter.com/OneWed.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
# # #