We have a highly spirited community with great creativity and an eye toward savings. We're seeing more and more ideas posted that alter or combine simple costume elements to make something very current and clever
Stow, MA (PRWEB) September 17, 2009
Michael Jackson and the Mad Hatter are in the Costumzee current top 10 and the DIY forum is packed with ideas like "how to be the Progressive Insurance Flo" or Edgar Allen Poe. Costumzee, an online community boasting over 23,000 members, is fast becoming the Halloween authority for costume ideas, forums, trend tracking and best price shopping.
The simple question "what do you want to be" on each community page provides visitors with an easy tool to explore articles, discussion boards and products. Weekly trend tracking follows the impact of pop culture on Halloween, with Sgt. Pepper recently cracking the top 10 after the new Beatles release.
"We have a highly spirited community with great creativity and an eye toward savings. We're seeing more and more ideas posted that alter or combine simple costume elements to make something very current and clever," explained Scott Jangro, Costumzee founder. He noted that in response to user feedback Costumzee has just launched a Best Price Engine that searches up to 20 of the top online costume retailers and incorporates coupon information to find the lowest prices available.
Costumzee has become to costumes what Travelocity.com is to travel or AllRecipes.com is to cooking by combining real data and real people interaction. Following are interesting trends and predictions of note this Halloween season from the Costumzee experts:
COSTUMZEE FAST FACTS & TRENDS - HALLOWEEN 2009:
- Halloween is on Saturday night this year so predictions are for a record number of people to dress in costume. Last year 80% of 18-24-year-olds reported dressing in costume on Halloween according the National Retail Federation.
- A recent Costumzee poll of 326 community members revealed more people planning to make their Halloween costumes (59%) vs. purchase them (41%).
- Sales of pop culture costumes have overtaken traditional costumes (pumpkins, ghosts) in every category except infants.
- Children's costumes sell earlier in the season as parents focus on getting high demand costumes and a broad selection. Sales of adult costumes spike in mid to late October when parents begin thinking of their own costumes and young adults get prepared for Halloween celebrations.
- Humorous costumes are now more popular than scary costumes overall.
COSTUMZEE POP 10 FOR HALLOWEEN 2009
Predictions by Costumzee based on current and past data trends and news analysis:
Costumzee launched in 2006 and today is the largest online community dedicated to costume ideas, purchasing trend data, forums and shopping. For more information visit Costumzee.com or call 617.910.0055.
# # #