Joomla lowers the barrier to entry for web developers by providing powerful functionality in an open source package and a wide selection of third-party add-ons
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 30, 2009
LimeExchange today announced the creation of a new community portal for Joomla developers. Driven by the popularity of Joomla related projects on its services marketplace, LimeExchange has developed a wide variety of tools and services designed to make it easier than ever to build powerful websites based on the Joomla platform. These services include:
- Free web hosting optimized for the Joomla platform, with the latest version pre-installed and integrated.
- Access to a wide variety of Joomla templates and modules that make it easy to customize and extend the functionality of Joomla-based websites.
- Joomla specific online skill tests that allow seasoned developers to showcase their knowledge and differentiate themselves on LimeExchange.
- A consolidated feed of all Joomla related income opportunities sourced from popular job sites and freelance marketplaces.
- Tools to connect and interact with other Joomla developers, including forums, blogs, and the provider social connection network on LimeExchange.
- Educational resources including news feeds, blogs, and event print publications.
The new Joomla portal consolidates all of these tools and services in a single destination, making it easier than ever for developers to find income opportunities, promote their skills, and publish projects, completely free of cost. The portal can be accessed at http://joomla.limedevnet.com.
"The number of highly skilled Joomla developers on LimeExchange has grown in proportion to the ever increasing demand for their services," said John Enright, VP of Business Development for LimeExchange. "We decided to consolidate all of the tools and services we've built for this community in one place to make them easier to find, and make it easier for those looking for help with Joomla projects to connect with experienced developers."
"Joomla lowers the barrier to entry for web developers by providing powerful functionality in an open source package and a wide selection of third-party add-ons," said James Vasille, board member of OpenSource Matters, the non-profit organization that provides legal and financial support for the Joomla project. "By providing a rich set of free services such as web hosting, LimeExchange has made it even easier to develop powerful sites based on the Joomla platform."
LimeExchange is an online services marketplace where SMBs and entrepreneurs can leverage a global community of freelancers and service providers to get projects done quickly, securely, and cost effectively. The provider community on LimeExchange spans over 160 countries, and includes freelance web developers, writing and translation experts, graphic designers, software programmers, and audio/video specialists. Buyers and providers can register, post projects, and submit bids free of charge. To learn more and to set up a free profile, visit http://www.LimeExchange.com.
About Lime Labs, LLC.
Lime Labs is an innovative web services company focused on facilitating the exchange of ideas and information through technology. Its portfolio of services includes LimeExchange, a global services marketplace; LimeDomains, a web hosting and domain registration service; and LimeBits, an open source code sharing community.
LB Lipman Public Relations
lblipman (at) lblipman (dot) com