BasicGov: 10 Things Every Local Government Should Know about Software as a Service (SaaS)
Over the past few years, SaaS solutions have been developed for everything from word processing and spreadsheets, to replacements for traditional business and government software solutions. SaaS has many benefits over traditional in-house solutions, but there are many considerations for local and municipal governments to consider when selecting a software solution. Over the course of this series, we will review the key reasons local and municipal governments should consider SaaS solutions, as well as the key considerations that you should consider when selecting a SaaS solution.
September 18, 2009
What: BasicGov invites local governments and SaaS enthusiasts to read its 10 part series about Software as a Service for cities and municipalities. Read, share and participate with comments.
Part 1: What is SaaS?
- Part 2: Why Choose a SaaS Solution?
- Part 3: Why SaaS for Community Development processes (Permits, Code Enforcement, and Planning)?
- Part 4: SaaS Cost Comparisons
- Part 5: SaaS Evaluation Phase
- Part 6: Best Practices for SaaS Implementation
- Part 7: What to look for with SaaS Training and Support
- Part 8: SaaS and Security
- Part 9: SaaS and Privacy
- Part 10: SaaS and Data Availability
Where: BasicGov’s blog at http://www.basicgov.com/blog
# # #
Share article on social media or email:
View article via: