New York, NY (PRWEB) September 17, 2009
MediaNet, the industry leading business-to-business provider of premium music and media delivery to customers of all sizes, announced today two new products, easy to install Web Components and an API through the Company's advanced enterprise technology platform, MN Open.
Alan McGlade, CEO of MediaNet, stated: "MediaNet is delivering the next generation of music services. We are changing the paradigm by bringing music to the user rather than forcing them to go to a handful of centralized online destinations to acquire downloads. The MN Open Web Components and API offer for the first time, the ability to engage users in the moment to discover and purchase music, while our customers can keep them on their site longer and maximize revenue."
Customers can now sign up for the MN Open Web Components and API for free at http://www.mndigital.com and have a digital music offering up and running on their website or application quickly.
MediaNet's suite of Web Components is easy to install and incorporate into a website with no coding required. Customers copy and paste the code snippets anywhere on their page with their branding front and center. Available in three main categories: contextual matching; commerce and discovery, Web Components features include:
- Media Matcher: Automatically matches MediaNet's catalog against existing web content
- Media Links: Hyperlinks references to artists, albums and songs within existing content on page
- Relevant Media Search: Integrates into site's existing search and returns media results alongside regular search results
- Media Explorer: Dynamically displays music-related information with purchasable media
- Media Charts: Charts top selling content to entice music discovery, sampling and purchases
- Media Purchase: Fulfills purchases through an automatically configured and setup component which appears in its dedicated, secure window
With the MN Open API, customers have complete control over the user experience, functionality, e-commerce and a 7 million song catalog with all services delivered under their brand. The API features include:
- Integration into any website or application
- Advanced catalog search capabilities with fuzzy matching
- Access to a portion of or the entire catalog and customize pricing
- Rich metadata for every song, album, and artist
- Use of MediaNet's e-commerce engine or integration with the customer's existing e-commerce
- Compatibility with any programming language
- Ability to select and incorporate the features that are just right for a customer's end users and business model
- REST-based HTTP service
Since introducing these products over the last eight weeks, MediaNet has signed up 25 new customers from social media destinations, kiosk providers and radio stations to musician sites, music blogs and news organizations. For a partial list of customers, go to http://www.mndigital.com/about-us/customers
Hadi Partovi, President, iLike, commented: "MediaNet's technology made it easy for iLike to roll out an MP3 store in record time. iLike's in-page MP3 purchase functionality helps keep iLike's user base on the site, engaged in the discovery and sampling of music, while making the purchasing process easy."
David Hyman, founder and CEO, MOG, added: "MediaNet has all of the right components we need to launch a streaming music service. A comprehensive catalog, superior back-end technology and the right pricing made it easy for MOG to select MediaNet as our music service provider. The integration process has been excellent and we are very excited about delivering new features for music lovers to interact and engage with MOG."
Frank Murray, President of Intertech Media remarked: "With more than 1,000 radio station websites under management, Intertech Media is constantly looking for new ways to add value and revenue for our clients. MediaNet's API and Web Components allow us to advance our mission of providing tools to keep listeners engaged online for longer periods of time with music content that is exciting and relevant. With MediaNet's advanced platform, we have solved the problem for our clients to stop sending their users outbound to third party sites for music purchasing while creating a more seamless and integrated listening environment."
MediaNet's world-class technology platform, MN Open, offers an API and easy to use Web Components that deliver a set of powerful music and media content products including streams, downloads, music search, contextual matching and other media discovery tools to engage end users while keeping them on your website or application longer to maximize revenues. MediaNet powers music and media delivery for brands of all sizes including iLike, Zune, HMV, Tesco, MOG, Ultimate Guitar, Intertech Media and many more.
MediaNet is privately-held and is headquartered in New York with offices in Seattle.
Contact for more information: