Herndon, VA (PRWEB) September 21, 2009
Apex CoVantage, a leading global knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) provider of engineering solutions, today announced that Bill Jamison, Apex's Chief Systems Architect, will present a discussion on "Next Generation Meter Asset Management" at Apex's ProField TM Showcase, Tuesday, October 6 from 1:50 pm - 2:20 pm, in the Expo Hall at Metering Europe 2009 in Barcelona, Spain. Mr. Jamison's presentation will provide strategic insight into developing a successful meter asset management system in the utility marketplace.
Metering Europe 2009, October 6-8 at the Fira Barcelona, is the world's leading exhibition on trends and developments of metering, billing and CRM projects across Europe. Throughout the three-day Expo, Apex is offering private, 15-minute demonstrations of ProField, its field asset management technology for the infrastructure assets of electric, gas and water utilities, in Stand #134.
"As a leader in field asset management, it is critical for us to play a key role in educating and sharing information in this arena," said Mr. Jamison. "For utilities and telecom companies to prosper, workforce planning and development must rise to new levels and companies must innovate or lose competitive position. Apex fully understands the challenges that utilities face with regard to managing multiple vendors, subcontractors and geographically dispersed assets. By making the entire process more efficient and field forces more productive, Apex's ProField is an invaluable resource for the workflow structure of any utility project."
ProField integrates GPS, wireless communications, and digital imagery with a mobile work force management system to offer a total solution for inventorying and managing outside plant assets. Ideal for projects including meter replacement, transmission tower inventory, joint-use pole inventory and pipeline inspections, ProField yields up to 50 percent higher productivity and 20 times higher data quality - creating unprecedented value for utilities, including electric, gas and water. Feature-rich, customizable and user-friendly, ProField's open architecture enables integration with existing systems.
The full ProField solution includes:
- OnSite: Revolutionary software client that fully utilizes GPS and digital imagery for intuitively guiding team members through the complete lifecycle of a project - from early field asset inspection to equipment installation and removal.
- LiveQuality: Designed for Quality Assurance specialists, LiveQuality provides real-time quality assurance data and guidance for field auditors to find sites most likely to face quality issues.
- OpsCenter: Designed to address problems associated with assigning work and tracking performance, OpsCenter ensures that new team members are assigned work appropriate to their skill sets.
- TrainingPlus: Completely reduces the delays and confusion that occur when integrating an inexperienced workforce into a project, TrainingPlus ensures that all team members are quickly trained, certified, background-checked, photographed and badged.
- Executive: As senior executives require real-time visibility into the performance of an inventory or an asset management program, the Executive feature enables leadership to easily identify and track all regions, teams and vendors.
In May, Apex CoVantage was named to the "Top 10 List of Outsourcers Serving the Utility Industry" by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP).
For more details on ProField, visit http://www.apexprofield.com.
About Apex CoVantage:
Apex CoVantage is a US provider of global Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO). Apex helps businesses to execute precise knowledge, information and communications strategies through our diverse people, technology and workflow systems. We opened our first KPO service center in 1988 and subsequently pioneered the market for offshore, knowledge-based solutions. Today, we provide engineering and content solutions from a global network of state-of-the-art facilities with US-based project management and leadership. In every industry, our clients are reaching the next level of service performance in partnership with Apex CoVantage.