We are committed to supporting earth conscious organizations and alternative healthcare professionals in promoting personal wellness, as well as social and environmental responsibility. The growth NIAHC has experienced further validates the need for a one-stop-shop that visitors can return to with confidence again and again to find the comprehensive education, information and resources they seek.
Scotts Valley, CA (PRWEB) September 21, 2009 -
National Institute of Alternative Health Care (NIAHC), providers of the industry's first and only nationally coordinated alternative health care portal, today announced its rapid growth since the initial launch in May 2009 of The Alternative Health Connection.
- According to recent research, Americans are spending $33.9 billion out-of-pocket for complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) annually, and nearly 40 percent of adults use some form of CAM to treat a variety of diseases and conditions.
- NIAHC has built the industry's first comprehensive platform hosting information about, and resources for alternative healthcare, natural products, green living and earth consciousness.
- Over 75,000 alternative healthcare practitioners are showcased on the site, including naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, marriage and family therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, MDs and more.
- In the few short months since its launch, The Alternative Medicine Connection has received over 6 million visits to the site.
- NIAHC produces a monthly online magazine called Wholessence, which currently serves over 30,000 subscribers.
The Alternative Health Connection:
- The Alternative Health Connection site provides visitors with the ability to search and locate just the right healthcare professionals, natural approaches and green products for their specific needs.
- An informative industry event calendar directs visitors to industry conferences, and relevant informational and educational sessions on a variety of topics.
- Relevant and timely articles on a variety of health and wellness topics are included in the informative health library.
- An interactive forum enables lively discussions on a variety of health and wellness topics, and allows visitors to ask health-related questions that are answered directly by topic experts.
Tricia Hancock, President and Founder of NIAHC said:
"We are committed to supporting earth conscious organizations and alternative healthcare professionals in promoting personal wellness, as well as social and environmental responsibility. The growth NIAHC has experienced further validates the need for a one-stop-shop that visitors can return to with confidence again and again to find the comprehensive education, information and resources they seek."
Marvin Pantangco, Natural Dentist said:
"With hundreds of healing disciplines and modalities falling under the general category of 'alternative medicine', it is critical that those seeking treatment and solutions have a place to get more direction on what will work best for them. NIAHC helps individuals locate exactly what they need as they set out on their own paths to optimal wellness."
Elizabeth Kovacevich, MFT said:
"As a marriage and family therapist, I have a holistic perspective on health care. I am concerned with the overall, long-term well-being of individuals and their families. I am excited to be part of The Alternative Health Connection because it shares this philosophy. It provides the information needed to help individuals locate therapists in their area that they are most comfortable working with, and who are best suited to their particular situation."
Jim Chialtas, L.Ac., MTCM said:
"I have experienced great benefits through participation in the Alternative Health Connection. I use the business solutions tools provided and I am seeing a significant increase in Internet activity. I did extensive research on price and features and am happy to say I selected the right community to become part of. This venue provides me with the results and value I require in marketing my practice."
Deb Davies, L.Ac., Dipl. O.M., Pacific College of Oriental Medicine said:
"According to the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, the number of licensed acupuncture practitioners has grown to over 20,000, whereas there were only 300 in 1971. This growth demonstrates the increasing demand for our services, and now individuals seeking care are looking for help and direction in making the right provider choices. The Alternative Health Connection portal provides a wealth of insight and assistance to help inform these decisions."
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheNIAHC
- Discussion Forum: http://www.althealthconnect.com/forum/forum.jsp
The National Institute for Alternative Health Care created the industry's first and only nationally coordinated, comprehensive platform for showcasing and highlighting information about, and resources for alternative healthcare, natural products and green living. Through its comprehensive alternative health care portal - The Alternative Health Connection, NIAHC is committed to providing education, resources and direction for those seeking to locate healthcare practitioners, find relevant industry events, learn about health and wellness topics, find the best green products and participate in a community of like-minded individuals. For more information, visit http://www.althealthconnect.com or call 1-800-670-1980.
heidi (at) bluebranchpr (dot) com