The sustainable-focus of our builders, developers and Hutton staff it truly what defines us as a green luxury hotel and this focus is the very embodiment of what Amerimar Enterprises brought to Nashville
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) September 18, 2009
Hutton Hotel, a four-star independent luxury hotel known as "the greenest" hotel in Nashville, was recently honored with the Tennessee Hospitality Association's Good Earthkeeping Award, Large Property.
Hutton Hotel - which received the accolade for its innovative environmental management practices during the association's Stars of the Industry Awards - will go on to compete for the national Good Earthkeeping Award from the American Hospitality and Lodging Association. That award will be presented in June 2010.
"The sustainable-focus of our builders, developers and Hutton staff it truly what defines us as a green luxury hotel and this focus is the very embodiment of what Amerimar Enterprises brought to Nashville," said Steven André, General Manager of Hutton Hotel. "There are a lot of hotels that talk about doing green things, but we built our hotel green and our daily routines are actually green. We are proud to offer Nashville residents, business and leisure travelers a world-class, sustainable experience in one of the country's most dynamic cities."
Hutton Hotel offers the following sustainable features and amenities:
- Bamboo flooring and furnishings in the lobby, elevator landings and fitness center. Bamboo is the world's second hardest wood, and a complete forest can be replaced every two years.
- Bamboo furniture and furnishings in guestrooms.
- Card readers that disable guest room lighting when a guest leaves the room.
- LED lighting throughout the interior of the hotel and the exterior signage.
- Recycling program for glass, paper and plastics.
- Laundry water recycling that conserves water, heat and chemicals.
- Dual-flush toilets.
- Reclaimed wood furnishings in 1808 Grille.
- Dispense soap, shampoo and conditioner in guest rooms to reduce plastic waste.
- Biodegradable cleaning products.
- Bronze exterior glass for highest-rated thermal insulation.
- Hybrid courtesy vehicle
- EcoDisc elevators.
- Low Albedo roofing system designed to absorb and sustain heat
- Dyson airblade hand dryers and linens (no paper towels) in public restrooms
- Water-free urinals in public restrooms
- High-efficiency mechanical energy recovery wheel system to precondition air before heating/cooling
In addition, Hutton Hotel created a task force earlier this year to focus on sustainable hotel management. Every quarter, a representative from each department is responsible for developing new ways to reduce the impact on the environment, develop sustainable practices and bring a green culture to their department.
About Hutton Hotel:
Hutton Hotel is Nashville's newest independent luxury hotel offering 248 guest rooms and 13,600 square feet of function space. Hutton's modern, yet comfortable design is unique and comparable to some of the best independent luxury hotels around the world. Hutton Hotel is a development of Amerimar Enterprises, a recognized leader in the renovation and repositioning of office, hotel, retail, multi-family and mixed use properties throughout the country. For more information, please visit http://www.HuttonHotel.com.
# # #