Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRWEB) September 19, 2009
201 Thoughts To Ignite Innovation is a new must-read for entrepreneurs, marketers, engineers, and business people and includes insightful information on:
- How to encourage innovation within your organization
- Examples of successful development projects by companies and entrepreneurs
- Four key factors for determining patent value
- When to file for patent protection
- Activities that may bar you from obtaining patent protection
- How to determine whether to protect your innovation as a trade secret or patent
- The five categories of US trademarks
- How to select strong, protectable trademarks
- The importance of registering a trademark
- Inspirational quotes from successful leaders
- Key contract provisions with contractors and business partners to protect and acquire innovation
Although approximately 80% of the US economy is now service based, it is still the world's largest with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of approximately $14 trillion. About 75% of the value of publicly-traded US companies is in intangible assets rather than plant or equipment. Innovation and the control of innovations through legal mechanisms, particularly patents, are imperative for companies and entrepreneurs hoping to succeed in today's economy.
About the Authors
David E. Rogers is a patent attorney and partner with Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P., one of the world's largest international law firms. David practices patent, trademark, trade dress and unfair competition law and has been a featured speaker on patent and trademark topics in the United States and abroad.
Amy L. Hartzer is the President of IsoPatent LLC. She has a BS in Marketing from Indiana University, an MBA from Michigan State University and more than 23 years of experience in both consumer and business marketing. She has worked in a variety of roles including Director of Brand Management, Director of Customer Retention, and Vice President of Marketing for companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 including AT&T (formerly Southwestern Bell), General Motors OnStar, and Cooper Industries.
Contact: Amy Hartzer; Telephone: (480) 513-2151