Hillsboro, Oregon (PRWEB) September 21, 2009
Labelexpo 2009, to be held this year in Brussels, Belgium from September 23rd to September 26th, marks a key moment in the acceptance of UV LED curing solutions in the printing industry with the exhibition of a slew of new and exciting products that utilize patented SLM technology for UV curing from Phoseon Technology. The products to be shown span a range of applications in both digital and flexographic printing.
For digital applications, Phoseon's UV LED curing technology is utilized in two main ways - The first is for "pinning" of individual colors directly after each color is printed for single pass printing. The second is as a "full cure" replacement for traditional mercury vapor lamp systems with curing speeds matching the maximum practical prints speeds of typical single pass digital applications. Phoseon's solutions have significant advantages in energy usage, reduced heat load to the substrate, smaller equipment footprint and a true earth friendly "cleantech" solution that does not require the use of mercury and produces no ozone.
The following are the digital printing exhibits at Labelexpo 2009 that include Phoseon's SLM technology and products:
- Atlantic Zeiser (Hall 11, Q75) will show their SMARTCURE LED systems with their new Gamma 70 full-colour inkjet printing module
- CSAT (Hall 9, G52) will show their digital print solutions for labels with Phoseon's RX Starfire MAX technology.
- Durst (Hall 9, H75) will be introducing their new TAU 150 UV Inkjet product designed to print on a variety of substrates with repeatable image quality
- Francis Buhler AG (Hall 9, H31) will show the Phoseon RX StarFire MAX UV Curing system used in conjunction with their HP Thermal Ink Jet based coding and marking systems.
- MPrint (Hall 9, F25) will show the SP2 100 single pass inkjet system first introduced at FESPA Digital 2009
- Stork Prints (Hall 12, W10) will introduce the DSI 4330L which is a new a single pass, 4-color digital label press with in-line varnishing and die cutting.
LabelExpo 2009 will also see the unveiling of the first application of UV LED curing technology to a flexographic label press. The system which is based on Phoseon Technology's RX FireFlexTM architecture will be shown in association with press maker Gallus on their new ECS 340 press (Hall 5, B50) along with newly developed UV LED inks from Siegwerk (Hall 12, V70).
This product demonstration is a precursor of a range UV LED curing systems from Phoseon Technology designed specifically with the UV printing press market in mind including applications in flexography, sheetfed offset and web offset lithography. These products will be designed as a capable and cost effective alternative to existing traditional UV curing systems using mercury vapor lamp technology and will include Phoseon's patented SLMTM technology that allows for maximum UV performance.
In addition to a line of standard UV LED based curing products, Phoseon also offers a wide variety of custom OEM or private label solutions based on specific project requirements. Phoseon can customize their products into a wide range of shapes and sizes to accommodate diverse UV curing applications.