The solution overall has been very easy – so easy that our Amazon business has practically run itself with the help of features like Categorizer and Product Match.
Research Triangle Park, NC (Vocus) September 23, 2009 –
ChannelAdvisor, the leading provider of e-commerce channel management solutions, announced today a next-generation Amazon solution that automatically manages time-intensive data entry and enhances product visibility, resulting in increased sales. The solution, designed specifically for online retailers, provides actionable information on all aspects of the Amazon sales channel, putting the ability to control the channel into the marketers’ hands instead of requiring constant IT changes.
ChannelAdvisor’s next-generation Amazon solution enables online retailers to gain exposure to, target and acquire Amazon’s 95 million active buyers. Customers using ChannelAdvisor’s platform typically experience greater than 230 percent growth in gross merchandise value (GMV) on Amazon alone, within just three months of launching.
“We’ve taken feedback from hundreds of retailers currently using our existing solution and those considering Amazon, and put that feedback directly into our new solution,” said Scot Wingo, CEO of ChannelAdvisor. “With our next-generation Amazon offering we have achieved our goal of taking a single data feed from retailers and, in minutes, having their products optimized and ready for sale on Amazon and other channels, enabling the greatest revenue potential for our customers.”
The solution includes a real-time product status dashboard that delivers key information on a product’s standing throughout the process of going live on Amazon, as well as throughout the full lifecycle of the product listing from distribution to post-sale. Actionable alerts immediately inform retailers of any problems and include suggested resolutions to minimize product downtime.
Key features of the next-generation solution for Amazon can be broken down into two categories of benefits: saving time and generating more sales.
- Allows a single product feed to be inserted into Amazon’s catalog through API, FTP, spreadsheet or from existing eBay listings – within 10 minutes products can be live on Amazon, making it easier and faster than ever to launch on Amazon
- ChannelAdvisor’s Product Match technology discovers which Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) to select for products based on the listing’s title, price, sales rank, whether or not Amazon is a competitor and more – folding all the variables needed to make a decision into a sleek, simple-to-use interface
- Categorizer technology offers intelligent recommendations and dynamically populates Amazon’s complex item classification keyword requirements, categorizing each product as accurately as possible and saving hours of manual data entry
- Completes order integration with Amazon.com to streamline the order fulfillment process and automate all Amazon-specific, post-sale activities
- Product Repricer™ aims to attain Amazon’s “Buy Box” status by dynamically adjusting pricing based on the profit margin at the SKU level, including shipping and handling, and adjusting or avoiding price changes based on competitors
- Integrates with the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program to create, track and modify products, shipments and orders, which are then fulfilled by Amazon’s shipping service
- Adds new and out-of-catalog products to Amazon and creates new ASINs within ChannelAdvisor’s application to expand revenue-generating opportunities
- For the first time, presents a simple, dynamic, birds-eye view of the status of listings to ensure that all products are live and that all listings are fully optimized for maximum visibility and sales
“We know we’re poised to compete this coming holiday season because of the enhanced technology offered through this Amazon solution,” said Gina Yoder, president of Shoebox Savings. “The solution overall has been very easy – so easy that our Amazon business has practically run itself with the help of features like Categorizer and Product Match.”
ChannelAdvisor’s platform helps retailers sell more and spend less across multiple channels including marketplaces like Amazon, eBay and Buy.com; paid search engines including Google, Yahoo! and Bing; and comparison shopping sites like Shopping.com, Shopzilla, PriceGrabber and Google Product Search.
ChannelAdvisor will be demonstrating the new Amazon solution, as well as updates to its entire product suite, at booth #401 at the Shop.org Annual Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 22-23, 2009. Visit the booth or the following Web site for further information: http://www.channeladvisor.com/amazonsolutions.
ChannelAdvisor helps the world sell online with applications that enable retailers to efficiently distribute their products across multiple online channels, drive shoppers to those products and then convert those shoppers into customers. The ChannelAdvisor platform empowers retailers to distribute their products across multiple online marketplaces, comparison shopping sites and search engines. With application features such as keyword generation, in-depth reporting, and a merchandising engine, retailers gain the solutions they need to easily fine-tune and analyze their marketing efforts to drive more shoppers to their products. ChannelAdvisor’s rich media offerings and storefront applications enable retailers to provide an engaging online shopping experience that represents their brand and is optimized to convert shoppers into buyers. In 2008, ChannelAdvisor managed over $2.6 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) on behalf of leading retailers around the world including Saks, Dell, Brookstone and GSI Commerce. ChannelAdvisor is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Atlanta, Seattle, New York, the United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and Germany. For further information, visit http://www.channeladvisor.com.