Seattle, WA (PRWEB) September 23, 2009
SAManage, a leading provider of on-demand IT management software, today announced the availability of a newly released Application Programming Interface (API).
The new API makes all of the SAManage data easily-accessible for integration by customers and partners. It allows users to create, retrieve, update, and delete asset information related to all types of assets such as computers, software, and printers. The information accessible through the API includes inventory, contracts, risks, and help desk tickets related to these assets.
The RESTful web service API allows simplified integration to both on-premise and on-demand enterprise applications. It enables bi-directional integration of information that can help organizations facilitate cross-application business processes. Some examples include:
- Enable internal help desk systems to utilize the most up-to-date asset information provided by SAManage
- Notify internal stakeholders of new risks and license compliance gaps
- Trigger new purchase requests based on information in SAManage help desk tickets
- Automate asset maintenance and disposal processes
- Synchronize asset tracking in SAManage with on-premise RFID systems
- Populate the SAManage user tracking based on LDAP user records
- Automate the creation of contracts and software licenses in SAManage based on information from a procurement system or reseller records
"With the rapidly increasing demand for SAManage among enterprise customers, one of the most common requests we were getting was to provide easy access to the IT asset information in SAManage and enable integration with other corporate systems," said SAManage CEO Doron Gordon. "Since SAManage was designed from the ground up to work with web services, the API is a natural extension of these capabilities. Some highly useful integration scenarios are already being created by several of our customers and partners, and we are very excited to see more of them use the API."
The SAManage on-demand IT Management service makes it easy for companies of all sizes to track hardware and software inventory, detect risks and compliance gaps, and improve service levels with an integrated help desk module. Using the service, companies are able to:
- Reduce IT costs by accurately tracking existing inventory to ensure budgets and assets are correctly utilized
- Improve productivity and IT security by detecting unauthorized software and unprotected assets
- Minimize the legal risk of noncompliance with software licensing agreements
- Enhance service levels to users with integrated help desk software capabilities
Delivered in a SaaS model, the SAManage solution can be implemented in minutes with no hardware or software to install, manage, or upgrade. SAManage offers a free trial period that enables companies to use the service in fully operational mode prior to subscribing.
The SAManage API is available immediately to users of the SAManage premium version.
SAManage is a leading global provider of on-demand IT management solutions that helps organizations better control their IT inventory, organize licenses and contracts, detect risks and license compliance gaps and provide IT help desk service. SAManage empowers companies of all sizes with IT management capabilities that were previously available only to large companies, making it easy to automate and simplify the daily tasks associated with establishing IT governance, control, compliance and user satisfaction. For more information or to sign-up for a free trial, visit http://www.samanage.com or call 1-888-250-8971.