Hummingbird Coaching Services Named Among Top Wellness Companies

Share Article

Firm enjoys second year of recognition as a top vendor by HIRC

Hummingbird Coaching Services has been named among the leading wellness companies of 2009 by Health Industries Research Companies (HIRC).

Vendors qualify for the HIRC Leading Vendor in Wellness list based on their proven ability to “bend the needle” on employee health. For 2009, seven wellness vendors achieved this distinction. This is Hummingbird’s second year among the list of top vendors. In its report, HIRC noted that Hummingbird Coaching leads the wellness industry in the number of subcontracts from other wellness vendors.

“Our focus on behavior change, reliance on a solid scientific foundation and exploitation of new technology has earned us a place among this HIRC list of vendors providing effective wellness offerings,” said Sean Slovenski, Hummingbird co-founder and chief executive officer.

The HIRC report detailed the healthy state of the wellness industry, even within the struggling economy. Currently, roughly 80 percent of commercial health plan and employer Request for Proposals (RFPs) contain a wellness component; the issuers of the remaining 20 percent already have an existing wellness offering. This wellness component is up from zero in November 2005 when CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield included the first wellness component in its RFP.

In addition, HIRC noted that most wellness vendors measure success in terms of outcomes, and most vendors are both poor and optimistic measurers. Among the leading list of wellness and health coaching companies are those that can demonstrate reliable measurements of success in improving employee health, judged by a competent third-party reviewer.

In addition to coaching services, Hummingbird offers either internally or through key strategic partnerships health risk appraisals, health screenings, incentive programs and other wellness services. Based on the science of Positive Psychology, Hummingbird uses the Web, phone and mobile devices to deliver cost-effective coaching with an emphasis on behavior change. Strategies such as email, instant and text messaging and online journaling dramatically lessen its overall cost. Such variety of communications lends to increased communication, strengthening the coach-coachee bond to influence lasting change.

Hummingbird coaches are highly trained and experienced in behavior change, with degrees in nursing, exercise science, health education, exercise physiology, counseling and education. A rigorous certification and training program is augmented by ongoing coach mentoring as well as a structured quality assurance protocol.

Health Industries Research Companies (HIRC) is an independent, nonpartisan organization that conducts strategic market research on trends in health care, pharmaceutical, and managed care businesses.

About Hummingbird Coaching Services
Hummingbird Coaching Services has provided one-on-one health coaching since 1997. Through its innovative technology platform and coaching programs, Hummingbird provides health, parenting, life coaching and medication adherence coaching that drive real behavior change for individuals. More information is at http://www.myhealthcoach.com

Contact:
Gail DeLano
Fisher Vista/HRmarketer
gdelano(at)fishervista.com
831-685-9700

Sean Slovenski                        
Hummingbird Coaching Services                
Sean.Slovensk(at)hummingbirdcoaching.com
877-240-4588

This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Sean Slovenski
Visit website