Seattle, WA. (PRWEB) September 23, 2009
- Meteor Solutions, provider of the leading earned media measurement and monetization solution for advertisers and agencies, today announced the release of a new version of its flagship software product, Meteor Tracker. The new version of Meteor Tracker features sophisticated analytics and reporting capabilities to enable marketers to measure the impact of earned media - the word-of-mouth conversations, blog posts, tweets, viral videos, and other unpaid content a brand creates or encourages - on site and campaign traffic, conversion, and overall marketing ROI. Meteor Tracker is the only earned media measurement and monetization tool that scales to large-scale word-of-mouth campaigns.
- Meteor Solutions added new features to Meteor Tracker to allow marketers to measure the impact of earned media on branding, engagement, and sales with the same precision as paid media programs like search and display ads. Meteor Tracker enables marketers to quantify exactly how word of mouth conversations about their brand are impacting their bottom line. The new features include Media Tagging, Conversion Tracking, and Link Value Tracking.
- Customers like Alaska Airlines, Microsoft, and Xbox are using Meteor Tracker to measure and optimize their social media marketing programs - an increasingly important marketing channel. Meteor Solutions research shows that on average 20% of all traffic to brand websites now comes from shared links - people sharing a brand's earned media content via email, social networking sites, video sites, Twitter, and blogs. Visitors who come to brand sites from a shared link convert 1.5x to 4x more often than those who come in through a paid media ad.
- Meteor Solutions also announced the commercial launch of Meteor Ignite, the first earned media promotion engine. Meteor Ignite is a powerful software platform that enables marketers to encourage sharing of their content by making it rewarding and fun for people to share links with people they know. After using Meteor Tracker to find out which sites, blogs, and social networks are sharing their earned media content, advertisers and publishers can use Meteor Ignite to activate even more authentic sharing on these sites - adding additional momentum to the word of mouth conversations that are directly impacting traffic and conversion.
- "Earned media is rapidly becoming as - if not more - important to marketers than paid media programs. Already, people sharing links about a brand's promotions and campaigns is driving upwards of 20% of overall traffic to brand websites, and these 'sharers' convert at a rate up to 4x more often than people arriving via a paid media ad," said Ben Straley, chief executive officer of Meteor Solutions. "We added new campaign management and conversion tracking features to Meteor Tracker to enable brands to get an even more accurate picture of the impact that word-of-mouth is having on their bottom line."
- "The beauty of earned media like blog posts, tweets, and viral content is that it costs advertisers next to nothing to create or encourage, yet it has an extremely powerful impact on branding, engagement, and conversion," said Taddy Hall, chief operating officer of Meteor Solutions. "Until Meteor Tracker, marketers had no way to accurately measure the real impact that word of mouth sharing of earned media content was having on their overall marketing ROI. The newest features of Meteor Tracker make measuring and optimizing earned media programs easier than ever before."
About the New Features:
- Media Tagging - Enables advertisers to track in real-time the visits to social media websites and link-sharing that are a direct result of paid advertising programs. With each click on an ad or seeded link, Meteor measures the downstream pass-along activity that generates additional visits and conversions. Media Tagging provides advertisers and publishers with an accurate measurement of the effectiveness of their paid media campaigns by tracking not just individual clicks and conversions, but all of the additional clicks and conversions that result from sharing of campaign content.
- Conversion Tracking - Enables advertisers and agencies to track the impact that sharing of earned media content has on specific end-user actions, including orders, signups, and downloads. Tracking can be done at the page, campaign, or program level. Conversion Tracking allows advertisers and agencies to get an accurate reading of all "conversions" that result from sharing - not just completed purchases.
- Link Value Tracking - Gives advertisers and publishers the ability to quantify the actual dollar value of each link that is driving traffic to their sites. Link value is calculated not only as a function of the actual number of site visitors and conversions that result from the link being shared, but also by the downstream sharing that in turn generates additional visits and conversions. Link Value Tracking provides advertisers and publishers with a complete picture of the total value driven by every referral link.
About Meteor Solutions:
Meteor Solutions offers the only scalable earned media measurement and monetization solution for advertisers and agencies. Meteor's hosted software enables marketers to measure, manage and monetize earned media - the word of mouth conversations, blog posts, tweets, viral videos and other unpaid content a brand creates or encourages - with the same precision as traditional paid media programs like search and display ads. With Meteor, marketers can easily determine the real impact that word-of-mouth conversations about their brand are having on traffic and conversion, find key influencers, and better engage target audiences. Meteor customers include brands such as Alaska Airlines, Microsoft, and Xbox, as well as agencies like Ayzenberg and Creature. Meteor Solutions is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.