As we have reported regularly in Bio-IT World, more and more pharma operations are being handled by dedicated services companies, including a vibrant industry in places like China, India and Singapore. Now we have a dedicated vehicle to explore these operations in more depth and examine if and how they are really improving the efficiency and success of the drug discovery pipeline.
Needham, MA (PRWEB) September 23, 2009
With a concentration on discovery, development and pre-clinical services, Cambridge Healthtech Institute and Bio-IT World launch a new co-branded eNewsletter titled Pharma Services News. This publication is produced (biweekly) by John Russell, a member of the founding editorial team of Bio-IT World. The audience target is scientists and researchers, technology professionals and executive managers in leading pharmaceutical companies. Minimum distribution per issue is expected at 40,000 - 50,000.
"I am really excited to be given the opportunity to launch Pharma Services News," said John Russell. "As we have reported regularly in Bio-IT World, more and more pharma operations are being handled by dedicated services companies, including a vibrant industry in places like China, India and Singapore. Now we have a dedicated vehicle to explore these operations in more depth and examine if and how they are really improving the efficiency and success of the drug discovery pipeline."
Pharma Services News is written to assist industry users in identifying, locating and implementing pharma services across the four phases of drug discovery being target identification, target validation, high-throughput screening, and lead optimization, and into pre-clinical evaluation. (The area of clinical services and clinical research organizations is covered in-depth in a sister e-publication, eCliniqua). Areas of focus will include:
- Supportive Technology/Infrastructure- Bio- IT Services, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Cloud computing, IT consulting, and more.
- Lead discovery-Optimization, HTS
- Omics services- sequencing, GWAS, gene expression, proteomics
- Biomarker services- Assay development, HCS, validation and testing
- In Silico - computational modeling, simulations, networks/disease pathways, text mining
- Basic research services-Text/Web/numerical data mining, data analytics
- Lab services-Analytical lab services, HCS, PK/PD, tox screens, animal models
- Contract Research-Covering specialized to full service
In addition to case studies, new product coverage, service trends and industry reports Pharma Services News will look at cost and time savings benefits related to using external services.
To subscribe, visit http://www.bio-itworld.com/BioIT/NewsletterSubscribe.aspx
To advertise, or learn more about Pharma Services News special charter advertiser program, please contact Alan El Faye, aelfaye (at) healthtech (dot) com or Kay Christopher, kchristopher (at) healthtech (dot) com.