Unlike the disasters that most companies plan for, the H1N1 pandemic will not primarily affect equipment and facilities, but rather the people and suppliers that are required to produce products and services,'' said Firestorm President/COO James W. Satterfield.
Rosewell, GA (PRWEB) September 24, 2009
With businesses of all sizes scrambling to prepare for the full onslaught of the H1N1 (swine flu) pandemic this fall, Firestorm Solutions® has created the Pandemic Planning ToolKit: Fast Start for H1N1.
According to the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half the global population may be affected and many organizations will experience high rates of absenteeism (estimated at 40-plus percent). The Firestorm Pandemic Toolkit is designed for organizations needing to rapidly and cost-effectively prepare to mitigate the adverse impacts on business and employees.
Firestorm (http://www.firestorm.com) is a national leader in business continuity consulting, emergency response, crisis management and communications and communicable illness planning. Its Expert Council includes former U.S. Surgeons General C. Everett Koop and David Satcher. Its Healthcare Response Team has more than five centuries of collective experience in public health and emergency preparedness, hospital operations and healthcare delivery, and is led by Donald A. Donahue, the Executive Director of the National Security Health Policy Center.
"Unlike the disasters that most companies plan for, the H1N1 pandemic will not primarily affect equipment and facilities, but rather the people and suppliers that are required to produce products and services,'' said Firestorm President/COO James W. Satterfield. "Unlike other threats and disasters, a pandemic affects everyone, everywhere at the same time.''
The Firestorm Pandemic Planning Tool Kit: Fast Start for H1N1™ can help:
- Ensure critical functions over each six- to 12-week pandemic wave are covered.
- Ensure recovery from each wave, while preparing for possible subsequent waves over the course of a calendar year.
- Respond to an absenteeism rate of up to 50 percent of employees.
- Handle an employee's refusal to come to work because they fear getting sick.
- Define breaking points when a portion or all basic and critical business functions begin to fail.
- Ensure critical vendors are prepared.
- Ensure continuity despite significant delays in, and restrictions on, moving personnel and materials.
- Withstand a lengthy quarantine for traveling personnel.
- Ensure continuity of overseas operations if U.S. personnel return to protect their families and/or seek better healthcare.
The Firestorm Pandemic Toolkit is ready for immediate implementation. Customization to synchronize with existing plans and procedures within your organization will increase effectiveness. Firestorm product support is included to assist in this process. Visit http://www.firestorm.com or call 770-643-1112 for pricing and further information.
Media inquiries can be made to Mike Pennetti at email@example.com or 678-557-9243.