If maintaining your view when your window treatment is open is an important consideration, here's a tip
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) September 25, 2009
After over 20 years of working with window treatments, Karin Miller, Vice President of Merchandising and Product Development for 3 Day Blinds, is an expert on how to frame windows with the newest fashions, affordably. "There's are so much a consumer needs to know before making a decision," Miller says. "Beauty on a budget can go hand in hand with lasting quality, if you know where to shop and what to buy."
1. Custom made or off the shelf? "In today's economy, consumers want the best bang for their buck. But price tags don't always tell the whole story. Custom window treatments are made to your exact specifications, from a virtually unlimited array of material choices," Miller explains. "Because window treatments fit your windows perfectly, they are both beautiful and functional, unlike the off-the-shelf sold by discount retailers products and can't guarantee a custom fit."
2. Where to buy? From home improvement centers to department stores, websites to catalogs, there are many sources offering window treatments. But when a homeowner wants to combine quality and value, working with knowledgeable expert is key. "I suggest bringing a product expert that specializes in window treatments into your home. There is tremendous peace-of-mind in knowing you're working with a someone with solid training and real world experience," Miller says. "Also, working with an expert who represents a reputable manufacturer that controls the production and carries a wide assortment of products is key."
3. How do I choose? Wondering which treatments to choose? Shutters, Honeycomb Shades and Blinds, Sheer Shadings, Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds, Woven Wood Shades, Vertical Blinds, Roller Shades, Roman Shades, and Mini Blinds are just a few of the popular window treatments in demand, today. "Each treatment style adds a special look and feel to a room," Miller continues. "That's why my favorite tip for homeowners is to view samples of window treatments in the light of their own home. Room lighting and light from outdoors will transform colors, fabrics and textures in unexpected ways. So always evaluate window treatments in your home, before you buy! "
4. Good and fast! All consumers want quality, but most also need their window treatments yesterday. So, how can consumers get the lush fabrics and designer colors they want in a reasonable time frame? "The key is to buy from a supplier that controls manufacturing," Miller continues. "If they put your product into production the day after the order is placed and have a reputation for quick, professional installation, you've got it made!"
5. Can I get both light control and good insulation? "If your room requires both light control and good insulation, there is a brand new option for your windows. With their cellular construction, Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds combine the superior, energy-saving insulation of a Honeycomb Shade," says Miller. "But in addition, the cells are designed to collapse to form vanes that provide the light control of a horizontal blind. When the blind is raised, you enjoy an unobstructed view. Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds are fashionable and will complement any décor."
6. What about privacy? Privacy is an important factor for almost everyone. "All window treatments have versions that provide some privacy," Miller states. "Discuss your privacy needs with a window treatments expert and ask about shades that offer a top down bottom up option, that maintain privacy below while allowing the light to shine in above, choose a Light-less® feature on a horizontal blind or add a lining behind shades made from your favorite fabric or material."
7. My room with a view! If you love your view, window treatments should frame nature's wonders or fabulous cityscapes without detracting from the vista. "If maintaining your view when your window treatment is open is an important consideration, here's a tip," Miller states. "Choose a window treatment that stacks tightly when opened, or specify an outside mount that is large enough for the product to stack above or to the side of your window. Maximizing your connection with the outdoor environment almost always can be achieved."
About 3 Day Blinds
Founded in Southern California in 1978, 3 Day Blinds is the leading retailer and manufacturer of custom window treatments in the country. Supported by state of the art manufacturing facilities and exquisite showrooms, over 230 full time 3 Day Blind Design Consultants provide free in-home design consultations and measuring. Blinds and shades can be custom-made and installed in 3 days. Window treatments experts are available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington. For all other customers, their website serves the entire nation, and is supported by a free swatch program and product experts available seven days a week by phone. If you need more information on how to select fashionable, affordable, quality window treatments, or to schedule a free quote, call 888-303-3329 or go to http://www.3dayblinds.com.