Geyserville, California (PRWEB) September 28, 2009
Artisano, a celebration of small production, locally-handcrafted wine, food and art, will take place from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. on November 14 on the lawn area of the Geyserville Inn with beautiful panoramic vineyard and mountain views. The event provides unique access to:
- Sample and discover over 20 local small production, up-and-coming, ultra-premium wineries. Most of these wines are not widely available to the general public such as MacPhail, Garden Creek, Foursight, Montemaggiore, Verge, Duxoup, Skewis and Kelley & Young.
- Savor small plates from restaurants like Dry Creek Kitchen, Zazu, Diavola, Manzanita and Rosso Pizzeria & Wine Bar featuring locally raised meats provided by the Sonoma County Meat Buying Club.
- Enjoy chef demonstrations and book signings with Gerald Hirigoyen of Piperade, Jeff Mall of Zin and Josh Silvers of Syrah
- Sample artisan cheeses from local artisan cheese producers like Cow Girl Creamery, Bellwether Farms, and Redwood Hill Farm; and other gourmet artisan food producers like Sonoma Foie Gras, Black Pig Meat Company, Sonoma Chocolatiers, Sensuous Farms and Jimtown Store.
- Browse and purchase paintings, ceramics, fused glass, sculptures, and other original works of art from several of the region's premier artists such as Clay Vajgrt, Linda Schroeter and Michael Coy.
- Participate in a live and silent auction including rare, hard to find lots of artisan wines and incredible destination vacation trips
- Dance to the fabulous live music of the Steve Pile Band
The beneficiary of the event is Slow Food Sonoma County, North. A portion of revenue generated will help fund the convivium's School Garden Project in elementary schools in Cloverdale, Geyserville, Healdsburg, Windsor, and Santa Rosa. The goal is to help each school create and maintain a school garden with support and resources from Slow Food. More information about Slow Food Sonoma County, North and the School Garden Project may be found at http://www.slowfoodsonomacounty.org.
Community partners to ARTISANO include Relish Culinary Adventures, Schott Zwiesel/Fortessa, Sonoma County Meat Buying Club, Dry Creek Rancheria, Wine X, Yelp, Geyserville Inn and The Special Event.
Admission to ARTISANO is $75 per person in advance and $90 per person the day of the event, if available. For more info on the event and to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.artisano.org or call (888) 878-6621.
# # #