Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) September 30, 2009
FleetMind Solutions, Inc., the technology leader for fleet management solutions, now provides key capabilities to make it easier for fleet managers to implement and monitor fleet safety initiatives.
"Fleet safety is about reducing risk and reinforcing safe driving behaviour," said Martin Demers, FleetMind's CEO. "With the potential threat of fatalities and injuries, and the related costs of accidents - safety initiatives have become a critical concern for any fleet manager or transportation company. FleetMind's fleet management solution provides managers with real-time visibility into driver activity and behaviour. All departments have access to centralized fleet safety data for a completely transparent representation of your fleet's safety performance."
FleetMind's fleet management solution provides critical visibility into truck and driver activity with its fleet mapping and reports and alarms solutions.
FleetMap delivers a real-time map view of individual vehicles' positions relative to towns, cities, highways and streets. Managers can select from a number of layers which determine the level of detail and plot the vehicle's position according to reported events. Using FleetMap, managers can further reconstruct the route taken by a driver on any given day, verify any deviations or unscheduled side trips, and view alarm criteria, such as exceeding a specified speed limit. FleetMap lets fleet managers:
- Track drivers with precise geo-coding (GPS) of all data and events
- Determine how their vehicles are being handled
- Determine which drivers generated alarms and where these were generated
- Monitor driver speed in relation to speed limits
- Plot locations of alarm occurrences
Fleet Reports allows fleet managers to evaluate overall fleet and driver activity by collecting relevant and actionable information. A powerful and flexible report center provides:
- Graphical views on route progress and status in real time
- Reporting on the exact route each vehicle took for any given day
- Detailed event records for accident situations
- Proactive monitoring of Key Performance Metrics (KPM) with customizable deviation thresholds that automate supervisory alarms
- Pre-formatted reports or the ability to export data to automatically create customized fleet reports for driver activity, driver performance and driver scoring
- Mapping of overall driving patterns that alert managers in real-time
"Fleet managers that have limited or no visibility into their drivers' behaviour, cannot address or mitigate the issues, and cannot deal effectively with at-risk drivers. This lack of visibility directly impacts their risk factors, safety records and operating costs," concluded Mr. Demers. "FleetMind's goal is to ensure that fleet managers have the tools and information they need to pro-actively implement fleet safety initiatives and mitigate associated risks."
FleetMind Solutions, Inc. is the technology leader for fleet management solutions. FleetMind was founded in 1996 by bringing together leading-edge computer systems expertise for harsh, real-world environments with breakthrough research and development in telematics for heavy trucks. FleetMind designs, manufactures, and markets wireless enabled on-board computers, driver terminals and business automation software that extend the reach of our customer's enterprise back-office systems all the way to the truck and driver. Our solutions have allowed some of the largest transportation and Waste Management fleets in North America to link their drivers and vehicles to business operations in real-time, delivering proven business results and a true competitive edge. FleetMind puts YOU in your driver's seat.
For more information, visit us at http://www.FleetMind.com.