We're very excited about the reaction we've received from our partners and early customers of the Conformity platform
Austin, TX (PRWEB) September 30, 2009 - Conformity, Inc., creators of the first enterprise-
class management and governance platform for software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cloud applications, today announced the general availability of its solution. The Conformity platform provides customers a centralized point of management for all cloud applications and users, and includes user provisioning, role management, workflow approvals, directory integration, compliance reporting, usage analytics and change management capabilities. Conformity will host the industry's first Enterprise SaaS Working Group, a webinar happening today, Wednesday, September, 30, at 2 p.m. Eastern, 11 a.m. Pacific. The webinar is open to the public and accessible at: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/fb8npday0c1w
"We know the economics of a traditional data center doesn't work anymore, even in the biggest enterprises, not only from a pure cost perspective, but also because of the speed and flexibility requirements of doing business today," said Tom Smith, CEO, Conformity. "SaaS and cloud applications provide attractive alternative solutions, however, the missing piece to the puzzle is providing enterprise-class management for these on-demand solutions that will enable companies to effectively manage and comply with the increased scrutiny imposed by compliance and governance requirements."
The Conformity Platform
The Conformity solution is designed to arm enterprises with the same level of visibility and control over on-demand applications as they've come to expect with traditional packaged apps. With Conformity, enterprises can now be confident bringing new cloud applications into their business environments, knowing there will no longer be compromises made in the areas of management processes, insight and control.
With today's GA, Conformity makes publicly available the industry's first platform for true enterprise-scale management and governance of SaaS and cloud applications. With Conformity, enterprises can:
- Increase data security and reduce compliance risks
- Optimize license allocation and expenses
- Automate and streamline administration
- Expand and extend enterprise usage of SaaS and cloud applications
Specific capabilities of the Conformity solution include:
- User provisioning - provides centralized point of provisioning and deprovisioning of users accounts within cloud applications, and ongoing management of user permissions and authorizations.
- Role and profile management - enables organizations to centrally manage cloud application roles, profiles and permissions through normalized permission models, and maps policies to users and roles.
- Approval workflows - provides auditable cross-functional approval processes for users requiring new or amended access permissions, or role and profile changes.
- Directory integration - enables organizations to seamlessly synchronize Conformity's user repository with on-premise directory services.
- Compliance reporting - provides reports required for effective preparation for audits for SOX, HIPAA, PCI and other regulatory mandates and standards.
- Usage analytics - provides visibility, analytics and reporting on cloud application and license utilization.
- Change management - enables archiving, management and recovery of application configurations and role models.
"User management, encompassing provisioning/de-provisioning and application-specific profiles are the capabilities that will probably get the most initial attention," said Steve Coplan, Senior Analyst, The 451 Group. "However, the architecture of the Conformity platform suggests far broader ambitions, which include providing management and governance of how users interact with cloud applications, with compliance, policy and process management overlays."
"We're very excited about the reaction we've received from our partners and early customers of the Conformity platform," said Scott Bils, Founder and CMO, Conformity. "It is clear that enterprises are moving to SaaS and cloud technologies, and that they're looking for a way to mitigate risk, manage cost and scale their usage of on-demand solutions."
Early Customer Validation:
Conformity's products have been in successful private beta test since July with companies such as Chicago-based Initiate Systems, with its multi domain master data management (MDM) solutions for information sharing and improved data quality.
"There is no doubt that SaaS and cloud delivery is a huge part of the future for B2B applications, including right here at Initiate Systems," said Scott Carruth, VP, Information Systems. "Our biggest concern is around ensuring that those applications adhere to our corporate security policy in the provisioning of users to those applications. This in turn, provides us the intelligence and control we need to successfully implement SaaS applications that are widely deployed throughout our enterprise. The Conformity platform has removed many of these concerns and gives us true enterprise-scale SaaS systems management."
Enterprise SaaS Working Group:
Also today, as part of the solution GA launch, Conformity hosts the industry's first Enterprise SaaS Working Group, which it conceptualized and organized. The first meeting will happen via webinar today at 2 p.m. Eastern, 11 a.m. Pacific, and will bring together the following industry thought leaders:
- Conformity, Scott Bils, Founder and CMO
- Appirio, Ryan Nichols, VP Cloudsourcing and Cloud Strategy
- Dell Inc., Michael Amend, Director of Enterprise Architecture
- Initiate Systems, Scott Carruth, VP, Information Systems
- Ingres Corporation, Doug Harr, CIO
- Salesforce.com, Peter Coffee, Director, Platform Research
- SuccessFactors, Tom Fisher, VP of Cloud Strategy
- The 451 Group, Steve Coplan, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Security Practice
This group of SaaS and cloud experts will share their perspectives on how enterprises can best leverage and manage these new on-demand applications in their business environments. They will discuss issues and corresponding best practices in the areas of:
- Management and governance
- Security and compliance
- APIs and management access
Conformity Support, Partners and Availability:
Founded in 2007, Conformity is one of the few early-stage technology companies to secure institutional VC funding during the bottom of the economic downturn, receiving a round of $3 million in January 2009. The capital infusion enabled Conformity to accelerate product development and bring its initial solution to market, and to build support and integration capabilities within the SaaS ecosystem.
Conformity partners and collaborates with cloud vendors that share its vision and passion for improving the security and manageability of on-demand environments. Conformity application partners include:
- Xactly Incent
- Google Apps
The Conformity platform also supports directory integration for Microsoft Active Directory, and is compatible with industry standards such as SPML, SAML and WS-Federation.
Conformity pricing is based on a per managed employee per month basis. Volume and term discounts are available. For more information, contact sales at conformity-inc dot com.
Conformity is the provider of the first enterprise-class management and governance platform for cloud applications. Conformity enables organizations to centrally manage on-demand applications, users and data, reducing security and compliance risks and operational costs associated with SaaS and cloud applications. For more information about Conformity, please visit http://www.conformity-inc.com or call 512-682-8200.