New York, NY (PRWEB) October 28, 2009
Movie fans that love horror and thriller genres, have the opportunity to tell Hollywood which film to make next. In the spirit of celebrating all things spooky for Halloween, MovieHatch.com wants horror film fans to check out the film ideas from emerging indie filmmakers in this year's MovieHatch Makin' Movies Feature Film Competition.
MovieHatch.com invites movie fans to become Hollywood "Insiders" or Public Producers™ by voting online to determine which 10 film ideas will go directly to a group of entertainment film industry professionals for review. Scripts for the best ideas will be read and considered by at least 25 Hollywood production companies, agents, managers and writers after fans have decided which ones they want to see made into a movie. One or several scripts could be chosen for development or for full production.
Here are a few of the featured horror and thriller films in the competition:
- Das Christkindl (The Christ Child) - A supernatural thriller/horror based on the true, sinister mythology of Kris Kringle.
- Burn - When a solar flare lights up the sky and disrupts communications on a global scale, vicious inmate Garand Barlow is unaware of what the ominous glow turning night into day truly means. But he does know one thing: while everyone is watching the sky, no one is watching him… and that proves to be a fatal mistake.
- Disturbance - A camping trip becomes anything but fun when a group of friends hold a seance in an abandoned house.
- Gabriel's Curse - A local myth about a cursed society in the woods entices a group of college kids to seek out answers while discovering an unexpected truth.
- Black Gloves - A young woman searches for her birth father, not knowing he is a serial killer.
- What Happened to Mike TV- You can always turn the channel.
- Full Circle - Arnold enters chaos when he is nearly killed, then saved by a man who has died himself, four times.
In addition to being able to help decide which scripts could become feature films, voting movie fans can enter to win a number of industry prizes, including a 'Hollywood Insider Experience,' (which consists of a visit to Brett Ratner's production company, Rat Entertainment located on the Paramount Studio lot, a visit to Red Wagon Entertainment located on the Sony Studio lot), an Epson MovieMate 60 Projector, DVD sets, and more.
Just like professional film critics, fans will vote by giving films a certain number of 'stars,' and can vote on as many film pitches as they would like at http://www.MovieHatch.com. Voting ends November 15th.
MovieHatch.com was founded with the intent of bringing a public voice to Hollywood, while showcasing new and emerging talent. Based in New York City, MovieHatch brings together a public voting platform with top Hollywood production companies. Judging partners include Rat Entertainment, Red Wagon Entertainment, Tribeca Productions, Underground Films, Varsity Pictures, Contradiction Films, Paul Schiff Productions, Jersey Girl Films, Aperture Entertainment and Broken Road Productions.
# # #