It can be hard to bring together a conference like this, but when we have friends and sponsors like Comcast, the load is shared. With their firm commitment to the delivery of great video experiences with Internet technologies, a future that we very much believe in, my team and I are happy to have them as our primary sponsor partner for our third event.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 4, 2009
The mammoth television industry is moving online -- fast. It is growing at a breakneck pace and disrupting allied industries such as consoles and TV platforms. This is the year of "TV Everywhere." The NewTeeVee Live 09 conference will explore the rapid industry transition by talking to the leaders behind the change and revealing key insights into where the opportunities lie. NewTeeVee will take place at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco on Nov 12.
NewTeeVee Live, now hitting its third successful year, is designed to answer the biggest questions about the future of television. The conference has assembled some of the top industry movers and shakers from companies like Comcast, Microsoft, MTV, Vizio and Facebook, to name a few.
Understand TV's future from industry leaders such as:
- Kevin Lynch - Chief technology officer, Adobe Systems
- Marc Whitten - General manager, Xbox LIVE
- Erik Flannigan - Executive vice president of Digital Media, MTV
- Randi Zuckerberg - Marketing director, Facebook
- Rajan Raghavan - CEO and co-founder, Nokeena Networks
- Avner Ronen - CEO and co-founder, boxee
- Anthony Wood - CEO, Roku
- Matt McRae - VP and general manager of Advanced Platforms, Vizio
- Sam Blackman - CEO and chairman, Elemental Technologies
Liz Gannes, conference co-chair, said in reference to Comcast's help as this year lead's sponsor, "It can be hard to bring together a conference like this, but when we have friends and sponsors like Comcast, the load is shared. With their firm commitment to the delivery of great video experiences with Internet technologies, a future that we very much believe in, my team and I are happy to have them as our primary sponsor partner for our third event."
Attendees will learn about:
1. What is TV Everywhere, and what does it mean for the industry?
2. Is existing copyright law at odds with the needs of modern commercial online video?
3. Will single sign-on identities create or hinder the boom? Will the winner in the race have an unfair advantage over others?
4. Are independent artists better able to exploit the new distribution mechanisms over their older counterparts?
5. Is advertising the model that will continue to provide revenue?
6. Will users find value in generated content, or will they pay for "high production value" content?
7. Does the new platform being created at the intersection of TV hardware and online connectivity represent an opportunity or a hurdle?
8. What are the missing gaps in the market that need to be filled before we proceed?
9. Who are the faces behind the reinvention? What are they planning next?
10. What does the person behind the most popular video viewer on the planet have to say?
500 industry executives will explore the future of the planet's favorite media: television. Join them Nov. 12 in San Francisco.
Full details can be found on this web site: http://live.newteevee.com/
To hear more about our speaker additions as they happen, follow us on Twitter @newteeveelive: http://twitter.com/newteeveelive
Standard tickets cost $595, but we're offering an early bird special rate of $295 until Sept. 25.
Please register here: http://newteeveelive-site.eventbrite.com/
GigaOM is the premier destination site for technology industry insiders, movers and shakers, and early adopter consumers. It is widely considered the authoritative site for discovering what's new, relevant and interesting in the dynamic world of technology. From exclusive product launches to award-winning analysis and commentary, GigaOM's coverage influences business and technology sectors with its reliable, well-researched and professional reporting -- and its signature intelligence, candor and irreverence.
About The GigaOM Network
The GigaOM Network is a leading provider of publications and events for the technology and entrepreneurial markets worldwide. Founded by award-winning journalist Om Malik, The GigaOM Network is an online publishing company whose network of news sites reaches more than 2 million readers worldwide and provides news and insight on the developments disrupting the world of technology. The GigaOM Network includes seven award-winning sites: GigaOM covers the business of broadband, VoIP, infrastructure, mobile and wireless; WebWorkerDaily covers the future of work in a web world; NewTeeVee covers the business of online video; Earth2Tech covers the business of green technology; OStatic is a web application, news site and community looking at open-source solutions for business; jkOnTheRun offers news and insight on mobile devices; and TheAppleBlog is a leading source of information for Apple users. The GigaOM Network also produces industry-leading events, including annual conferences: Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live and Green:Net.
Erin McMahon - Magnify Communications
Phone (510) 649 1390