grow 13 percent in 2010 as revenue will total $16.3 billion.
Ottawa, Ontario (PRWEB) October 2, 2009
Increasing demands to comply with industry regulations. A shift in traditional network architectures. Advanced security threats. Even in poor economic times, businesses need to keep pace with evolving security challenges. And for small and midsized businesses (SMBs), those challenges can be even harder to overcome, especially without a dedicated security team. Enter network security resellers, which can offer SMBs significant cost advantages and expertise to tackle any security challenge.
Interwork Technologies (Interwork), a leading, value added distributor (VAD) of security solutions, is excited to announce S-Sphere, an integrated suite of managed security services--delivered as Security as a Service (SaaS)--featuring products from five industry-leading vendors and designed specifically for SMB resellers and solution providers. S-Sphere is an ideal suite to help resellers capitalize on opportunities for higher margins, recurring revenue, and additional sales, while helping SMBs effectively handle security issues in all aspects of their businesses.
S-Sphere addresses a whole slew of security aspects for SMB resellers and their clients, including:
- Increasing demands and confusion about how to comply with industry regulations
- Evolving and new threats, including profit-based malware stealing IDs and effective patching against zero-day attacks
- Security gaps exposed in changes from traditional network architecture to those that involve virtual environments, SaaS, unified communications, and mobility
- Web 2.0 communication and the need to offer social networking as a business tool, while safeguarding information
"What we've built with other leading security and managed services vendors is a platform that not only addresses these issues but helps position solution providers as effective security advisors to deal with future security threats," explains Tim Larocque, Director of Business Development and Marketing for Interwork. For SMB solution providers, S-Sphere is a way to expand their portfolio of security products and services and capitalize on new business opportunities--now and in the future. By 2013, Gartner predicts that "many cloud-based services will more than triple in many security segments." What's more, Gartner anticipates the worldwide security software market to "grow 13 percent in 2010 as revenue will total $16.3 billion."
S-Sphere comprises a powerful set of products and services from leading security and managed services vendors.
- Autotask provides Professional Services Automation (PSA) software to help SMB resellers manage their entire portfolio of professional services, such as managed services, system integration, software implementations, and scheduled maintenance. To learn more, visit http://www.autotask.com.
- itControl Solutions offers itControl Suite, software that enables SMB resellers to automate IT service management and track elements including backup reporting and alerts, warranty management, system threats, and network performance through an easy-to-use Web-based control panel. For more information, visit http://www.itcontrolsuite.com.
- CTERA networks empowers SMB resellers to help their clients easily share files, prevent data loss, and recover previous versions with storage solutions that seamlessly combine the convenience of network attached storage with the reliability and scalability of online backup and cloud storage. To learn more, visit http://www.ctera.com.
- Reflexion provides hosted services for email and Web security, email archiving and discovery, and business continuity. In addition to providing a defense against email and Web-borne malware, Reflexion's in-the-cloud services help companies save money and staff time, reduce bandwidth and energy consumption, and ensure email availability even in the event of a local server or business outage. For more information, visit http://www.reflexion.net.
- Trend Micro™ Security is powered by Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network, unique, in-the-cloud technology that correlates Web, email, and file reputation data in real time--so you are protected immediately. As an integrated solution, it also reduces management complexity. Trend Micro™ Virtualization Security solutions deliver advanced security software to protect operating systems, applications and data on virtual and cloud servers to help ensure compliance, while allowing higher server consolidation rates, and maximizing performance and operational flexibility. For more information, visit http://www.trendmicro.com.
Once SMB resellers choose a service delivery platform for professional services automation and remote monitoring and management, they can offer the S-Sphere suite to their clients and start taking advantage of the abundant business opportunities the solution presents.
Through the S-Sphere suite, Interwork also offers SMB resellers the opportunity to earn business accreditation through CompTIA (http://www.comptia.org), a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies. The CompTIA Security Trustmark identifies solution providers that consistently follow security best practices in personnel security, security training, and infrastructure. By earning this accreditation, SMB resellers can take advantage of increased marketability, efficiency, and productivity, while providing clients with the peace of mind that their critical information is secure.
About Interwork Technologies Inc.
Interwork Technologies is a privately owned, investor-backed company with offices in New York, Colorado, and Ontario, Canada. Established in 1991, Interwork evolved from a solution provider into a value-added distributor specializing in information security, voice, and IT management solutions. Interwork has a growing partner network of 4,000 VARs and solution providers, and is known for being a specialty advisor and expert in emerging technologies. For more information, visit http://www.interwork.com.