TACTIC began its life in the complex world of game and film production
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) October 6, 2009
Southpaw Technology, a leading developer of production asset management solutions, announced today that it has added support for Oracle (NasdaqGS: ORCL) databases and enterprise-level applications to its production asset management solution, TACTIC. The addition comes as a result of increased demand from enterprise businesses for solutions that can manage thousands of digital assets as they move across departments during the creation process.
TACTIC was originally developed to help media & entertainment companies such as Ubisoft, Omation, Digital Domain and others to manage thousands of assets across departments on multi-year projects. To do this, TACTIC combines four essential production elements - asset management, workflow management, project management and communication tools - into one complete production asset management solution. The Company has now applied its knowledge of production asset management to help global businesses outside of the media & entertainment space efficiently create and manage volumes of digital files within teams and across organizations.
"TACTIC began its life in the complex world of game and film production," said Gary Mundell, CEO of Southpaw Technology. "While we still actively service the media and entertainment industry, we can no longer ignore the demand from global enterprises, which face the same productivity challenge of managing thousands of files across departments and entire organizations. Given the flexibility of TACTIC, and the ease with which we can integrate it with legacy systems and databases such as Oracle, it makes perfect sense for us to assist them."
TACTIC's unique combination of production asset management tools and its easy extensibility make it the perfect solution for increasing productivity across any enterprise. Other key enterprise features include:
- Dynamic Web-Based Interface - Customize TACTIC's web-based interface by user, by function, by department or by project
- Full Oracle and PostgreSQL Support - Access files stored in any SQL database, including Oracle
- Access and Security Controls - Easily control who has access to which files and information
- Support for Legacy Systems and Data - Seamlessly integrate TACTIC with any legacy application and customize the interface to improve access to mission critical data
- Inter-Communication between TACTIC Servers - Share files across departments or locations
- Load Balancing - Balance server loads to ease file access and boost server performance
- Support for Terabytes of Data - Track, manage and store thousands of complex files
- Automatic naming conventions - Automate file naming to simplify asset storage and retrieval
- Transaction System - Automate tracking of all database and file system interactions in a transactional manner
- Dependency Snapshot - Create a snapshot of all asset dependencies at a given point in time. Roll back to ascertain exactly what asset was used when and by whom.
- Workflow Management - Instantly understand where a file sits in the workflow
- Support for 5th Normal Form DDL - Support the most complex database structures
- Multi-platform - Use TACTIC on Mac OSX, Windows and Linux
- Robust API - Extend TACTIC to meet the specific needs of pipelines, departments and organizations
TACTIC 2.5 for enterprise use is now available. To request license and pricing information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on TACTIC, please visit http://www.southpawtech.com or contact Mary Jane Konigshaus at email@example.com.
About Southpaw Technology Inc.
Southpaw Technology provides production asset management solutions to the media & entertainment and enterprise markets. Available for Mac OSX, Windows and Linux, TACTIC is a web-based solution that provides project management, workflow management and asset management. The robust API makes TACTIC customizable and extensible. Our products have value on every creative desktop from the workgroup to the enterprise level. For more information or to see a TACTIC 2.5 demo, please visit http://www.southpawtech.com.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.