The companies we invest in are changing the way we collaborate, share information and relate to each other through the power of the Web
Menlo Park, CA (PRWEB) October 6, 2009
- Canaan Partners, a multibillion-dollar global venture capital firm, will host the official opening night after party for the 2009 Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, CA, Oct. 20-22, 2009. "Web After Dark" will start at 9 p.m. at the St. Regis Hotel on the first day of the conference, Tuesday, October 20.
- The Web 2.0 Summit will examine how the principles of Web 2.0 are addressing the world's most pressing business and social problems.
- Canaan's Web After Dark event will allow attendees to experience the changing landscape of Web 2.0 from a live, 3D, "after hours" perspective, under the backdrop of a global metropolis, with Celebrity DJ Trevor Simpson.
- Canaan continues to actively lead and participate in the discussions, events and trends shaping key technology markets. The firm continues to make strategic investments in innovative technology companies across the globe with its $650 million fund, Canaan VIII.
- The firm has maintained its focus on digital media, communications, and enterprise software investments, including investments in companies that are changing the way we live and do business.
- Investments for the firm include: Associated Content, an open content network that allows anyone to publish content in any format on any topic; Blurb, an online service changing the face of publishing by letting anyone easily create and sell bookstore-quality books; Lending Club, a peer to peer, online financial community eliminating the high cost and complexity of traditional banks and loans; LiveU, a leader revolutionizing broadcasting by enabling live content to be broadcast anywhere at anytime; Primesense, a company giving digital devices a three dimensional view of the world; Tremor Media, the largest pure-play video ad network; Watercooler, developer of sports and entertainment applications for social networks and the web; and Zoosk, the first and largest dating application built for social network users.
- "The companies we invest in are changing the way we collaborate, share information and relate to each other through the power of the Web," said Maha Ibrahim, General Partner at Canaan. "These rising stars are addressing some of today's biggest problems by leveraging the new technologies, business models and practices of the Web 2.0 world. We're thrilled to host the official party of the Web 2.0 Summit and bring together some of our most influential friends with conference attendees to discuss what the Web holds next for all of us."
- "Over the years, we've helped numerous innovators change the course of markets and industries," said John Balen, General Partner at Canaan. "We're committed to actively partnering with our companies to help them succeed and that includes taking a leadership role in the markets we invest in. The Web 2.0 Summit will bring together an impressive group of visionaries, entrepreneurs and leaders and we're excited to be part of this strategic event and global discussion."
About Canaan Partners
Canaan Partners invests in visionary entrepreneurs and provides them the networks, insights and operational guidance required to build high-performance technology and healthcare companies. Founded in 1987, the firm has raised eight funds and completed more than 77 acquisitions and 52 IPOs. With $3 billion under management and a worldwide footprint, the firm's technology team is committed to catalyzing the growth of innovative companies in the digital media, communications & mobility, enterprise and clean tech sectors. Among its successes are DoubleClick, the leading online advertising solution; Match.com, the most popular online dating site in the world; CommerceOne, the company that pioneered B2B ecommerce; SuccessFactors, the global leader in on-demand performance and talent management solutions; WebLoyalty, a leading provider of online marketing and rewards services; and VOIP equipment supplier Acme Packet, which was one of the top ten performing tech IPOs of 2006. Other Canaan technology investments include Active Networks, Associated Content, BharatMatrimony, Blurb, iYogi, Lending Club, N-trig, ON24, Prime Sense, Tremor Media and Zoosk. Canaan has offices in California, Connecticut, India and Israel. For more information visit http://www.canaan.com.
Phone (415) 307-9962
Phone (650) 854-8092