New York, NY (PRWEB) October 7, 2009
PerTrac Financial Solutions (http://www.pertrac.com) today released a new version of PerTrac CMS, its popular investment management workflow software. PerTrac CMS 6.2 provides a range of powerful new features and enhancements designed to help investment managers, professional investors and others in the investment industry manage the communications, contacts, business information, projects and documents central to their daily workflows. Key new features include a powerful new tool for managing complex client, prospect and manager communications; a sophisticated Project Management system for managing due diligence, marketing initiatives, events and more; and greater integration with the world's leading investment analysis and asset allocation software, the PerTrac Analytical Platform.
PerTrac CMS is used by hundreds of institutional investors and investment firms worldwide to efficiently handle their investment management, due diligence, capital raising, investor relations and regulatory compliance tasks. The versatile, Outlook-based application allows colleagues to collaborate on, organize and share information in ways that address the specific needs of hedge funds, funds of funds, capital introduction organizations, prime brokers and institutional investors such as endowments, foundations, pensions and family offices.
"With the new PerTrac CMS 6.2, the industry's leading workflow solution for investment professionals takes another giant step forward," said Gerry Mintz, PerTrac president and CEO. "After speaking extensively with our clients about the specific workflow needs of investors, investment managers and advisors, we created new tools within PerTrac CMS to simplify processes such as due diligence, investment screening, investor updates and capital-raising. PerTrac CMS 6.2 ties together the specialized workflows that institutional investors, money managers and advisors must deal with, making it an ideal out-of-the-box solution that keeps critical information organized, business processes on track, and colleagues in-sync."
The new features and enhancements in PerTrac CMS 6.2 include:
- PerTrac Mailer, a comprehensive communications management solution which allows users to quickly and easily create, distribute and log complex email communications with varying attachments depending on recipient, while ensuring that the most up-to-date attachments are always used. It also includes a library of time-saving reusable message templates for frequent distribution; the ability to create personalized PDF attachments based on MS Word™ templates; and watermarking to help deter people from redistributing sensitive documents.
- The new Project Management feature, which enables clients to effortlessly manage the various initiatives that are key to running their firms. Users can store information about ongoing projects such as client events, fund due diligence, marketing roadshows, capital calls, investment committee preparation and more by linking together the companies, contacts, emails, meeting notes, funds, accounts, activities, and opportunities that are involved.
- Enhanced integration and import capabilities from the PerTrac Analytical Platform, which allows users to create and link company, contact, fund and fund class items to PerTrac CMS so they can more effectively manage the qualitative and quantitative aspects of investment screening, due diligence, client relations and capital raising workflows. A powerful new Reports module based on the popular PerTrac Analytical Platform engine allows investors and managers to generate eye-catching and robust PDF-formatted fund performance reports.
- Views that display key investment data from the PerTrac Portfolio Manager application, including trades, balances, and exposures for one or more portfolios, which allow for more seamless back- to front-office communications and integration.
- Automatic logging of all email recipients and duplicate checking (to ensure that contacts and email messages don't get added repeatedly to the system if they already exist), which saves valuable time by ensuring that your contact database remains clean and accurate.
- Improved meeting logging that captures appointments created in the Outlook calendar.
- The ability to individually categorize documents found in emails with multiple attachments, making it easy to quickly retrieve them from the PerTrac CMS Document Library.
- Compatibility with both Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008.
In conjunction with the update to PerTrac CMS, the company has also released a new version of PerTrac Mobile 2.0. The updated Mobile application offers an enhanced user interface as well as full compatibility with PerTrac CMS 6.2. With PerTrac Mobile 2.0, users have secure wireless access to view and edit their contacts, projects, accounts, funds, events, and other PerTrac CMS data wherever they go, letting them easily conduct business while away from the office. Information updated on the mobile device is immediately reflected in the PerTrac CMS system, and mobile users similarly have access to the very latest updates made by colleagues in the office or in the field.
PerTrac CMS liberates investment firms' information and documents from complex, hierarchical file systems tied to multiple applications so users get more accomplished in less time. PerTrac CMS is far more sophisticated than traditional CRM solutions that recognize only two types of entities, people and companies. In contrast, PerTrac CMS reflects the full scope of relationships and data types that exist in the investment world, including funds, investors, prospects, service providers, companies, accounts, cashflows and more. In addition, the system makes it simple to integrate data from other local databases into reports, something that cannot easily be accomplished with other systems. Tight integration with Outlook on the user's desktop makes it convenient and intuitive to use. All of the information stored in PerTrac CMS is hosted locally, securely within each client's firewall, and is quickly accessible either online or offline. High performance is assured by a robust SQL backend, making PerTrac CMS fast, efficient and powerful.
PerTrac CMS 6.2 is offered in both Standard and Enterprise versions to provide solutions for large and small firms with a variety of investment information needs and technology requirements. The Standard version can be personalized by the user in many ways. Virtually all of the system's categories and drop-down lists can be easily changed, user-defined fields may be added to forms, and dashboards can be created to organize information in whatever way an individual or group wishes to view it. In addition, the Enterprise version offers more extensive customization through PerTrac's Global Services organization. This experienced team can give firms further flexibility to add fields, customize reports, support new workflows, and link to external applications or data sources. All PerTrac CMS clients receive ongoing technical support and training as well as regular updates to the application, including improved forms and additional report templates.
PerTrac Financial Solutions was founded in 1996 with the goal of creating a comprehensive suite of software solutions for investment professionals. Now an industry standard, PerTrac software is used by nearly 2,000 clients in 50 countries, including banks, brokerage firms, consultants, plan sponsors, family offices, investment managers and funds of funds. The company's flagship product, the PerTrac Analytical Platform, is now the world's leading asset allocation and investment analysis software, used by approximately 1,700 firms worldwide. PerTrac CMS, which was part of its January 2006 acquisition of Whittaker Garnier, is another major component of the PerTrac Suite. PerTrac CMS is the investment industry's leading tool for managing the workflows associated with capital raising, investor relations, and investment management, and is used by nearly 300 alternative investment firms around the world. In January 2008, the company released PerTrac Portfolio Manager, a unique software application designed to help funds of funds and institutional investors create, monitor and manage multi-manager portfolios of alternative investments. PerTrac P-Card, released in November 2008, is a revolutionary new investment data distribution and collection platform, which gives managers and investors the tools they need to share sensitive information directly, electronically and securely. PerTrac Financial Solutions is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Reno, and Memphis. For additional information on the full suite of PerTrac products, please visit http://www.pertrac.com.
Bode & Associates