Mankato, MN (PRWEB) October 10, 2009
The Holiday Inn has been renamed the Mankato City Center Hotel, the hotel's owner announced today. In addition, the hotel's rooms will undergo a significant upgrade at an estimated cost of $1.3 million.
The 151-room hotel has been a fixture in downtown Mankato for 30 years, and the name change reflects the changing nature of the hospitality business in and around Mankato. "As we look to the future, we realized that the hotel needed to change in order to enhance our focus on our primary mission - to serve as a hospitality hub for Mankato and south-central Minnesota," said owner Doug Anderson.
"We believe in the vision of a strong and vital Mankato City Center and Convention Campus, and we are jumping in with both feet to be a significant player in its future," added Anderson. "By changing our name and marketing focus, we will bring more attention to this vital Mankato business district."
City Center Hotel General Manager Paul Feddema echoed Anderson's sentiments, and said becoming a locally focused hotel only makes sense given the property's location in such a vital Mankato business district. "We've always been known for exemplary service, but by adding this level of focus to our brand our staff can deliver an even higher level of service for visitors to Mankato."
As one example, Feddema explained, staff training efforts can be centered on understanding what Mankato has to offer hotel guests instead of what the latest Holiday Inn marketing effort is promoting. "This change will allow us to continue to provide the kind of quality lodging, dining and meeting experience our guests have come to expect over the past 30 years."
Despite this change, the Holiday Inn brand is still well represented in Mankato, as Anderson recently opened a Holiday Inn Express near the intersection of Highways 14 and 22. "We've had a long and proud association with Holiday Inn, and we're happy to say that relationship will continue," emphasized Anderson. "30 years ago we partnered with the city of Mankato to bring a hotel to downtown, and the Holiday Inn brand served our customers well in that location over that time. But today we understand that it's time to move forward, which is why we're changing our name and upgrading the hotel."
The Mankato City Center Hotel is located at 101 East Main Street and is connected to the Verizon Wireless Center by covered walkway.
Mankato City Center Hotel Facts
- Location: Just off Highway 169 in the downtown entertainment district and convention campus. The hotel is connected to the Convention Center via climate-controlled walkway, and it is positioned between downtown restaurants, shops and nightlife, and Old Mankato's historic charm.
- Rooms: Our 151 rooms are in the final stages of being remodeled and upgraded to meet the needs of today's guests.
- Parking: Covered and protected from the elements.
- Dining: A full-service, three-meals-a-day American restaurant is located in the hotel.
- Lounge: A well-stocked, comfortable lounge is located in the hotel.
- Meetings: The hotel has 5,500 square feet of meeting space on the first floor, with front door and loading dock access. Also, we are connected by covered walkway to the Verizon Wireless Center complex. Professional, experienced meeting and event planners are on staff to assist in putting together meetings and conventions.
- Recreation: A 10,000 square foot atrium area contains a whirlpool spa, swimming pool and game room.
- Smoking: 100% smoke-free building.
- Business Services: Fast and free wireless Internet access is provided throughout the hotel. A business center provides remote, secure printing.
Additional information: See the hotels website at http://www.mankatomnhotel.com