As a leading provider of tours, travel experiences and ground transportation, City Discovery gives travelers the chance to catch the marathon fever and explore the sights and sounds of the Big Apple at the same time.
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 14, 2009
Nothing draws a crowd quite like a marathon can and the annual New York Marathon is no exception. This first of November, thousands of participants will run the 26.2 mile course while being cheered on by millions of onlookers expected to turn out for the event.
Since it first started in 1970, the New York Marathon continues to be one of the most important international marathons in the world, and should not be missed. Featuring over 35,000 athletes, it draws in thousands of volunteers and some 2 million spectators every year. The course covers terrain in all five boroughs, beginning in Staten Island and ending in Manhattan's Central Park.
"As a leading provider of tours, travel experiences and ground transportation, City Discovery gives travelers the chance to catch the marathon fever and explore the sights and sounds of the Big Apple at the same time."
Top NYC Marathon Activities on City-Discovery.com
From cruises to helicopter rides, gastronomy tours to shopping tours, walking tours to photo tours, City Discovery names some winning tours and activities that are perfect for marathon season, and are as diverse as the city itself. All activities bear City Discovery's Best Price Guarantee and have been screened for quality and service, easily adding big value for money and excitement to the New York City experience.
- The New York 3-hour Island Cruise specializes in the BIG picture. Circumnavigating the island of Manhattan, this tour offers views of the city's major attractions, covering three rivers, seven major bridges, five boroughs, over 25 world renowned landmarks, and a close-up view of the Statue of Liberty. Some of the great sights include Newport Center, Ellis Island, Wall Street, Brooklyn Bridge, Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, and the United Nations.
- With the New York Helicopter tours, like the New York, New York Helicopter Ride, the infamous NY traffic is avoided, while riding high along the famous city skyline. Flying past all five boroughs of the Big Apple, this 16 to20-minute helicopter tour offers a bird's eye view of a number of iconic attractions, including: Central Park, Governor's Island, Hudson River, the canyons of Manhattan, George Washington Bridge, Staten Island, Statue of Liberty, Yankee Stadium, and the New Jersey Palisades. This tour is available from heliports in Downtown Manhattan, West Side, and the Paulus Hook Pier in New Jersey.
- The Brooklyn Pizza Tour offers more than a taste of an authentic Brooklyn Pizza, as it takes participants around famous landmarks (such as Coney Island and DUMBO), famous movie locations, and various points of interest within this unique NYC neighborhood. Movies whose locations are featured on this tour include Saturday Night Fever, Goodfellas, Annie Hall, Scent of a Woman, and The French Connection.
- Marathon runners may be known for their endurance, but shoppers undoubtedly come in a close second. At the Woodbury Common Factory Outlets, shoppers' endurance are put to the test as they check out over 200 stores offering designer merchandise at 25 to 65% off the retail price, representing hundreds of dollars of savings on the purchase of designer brands.
- On Location tours featuring Sex and the City Hotspots offer the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Carrie Bradshaw and her gals: Drink where they drink, shop where they shop, and gossip where they gossip. Led by local actors, tours cover over 40 locations from the popular show and feature a wealth of Sex and the City trivia.
- Meanwhile, New York photo tours, such as New York through the Lens, let professional photographers and amateur enthusiasts alike discover the city through the eyes of a local photographer, while improving their photography techniques. From Sheridan Square in Greenwich Village, the photo tour moves out to SoHo, Broadway, Little Italy, and Chinatown. Along the way are numerous interesting spots the camera will love.
Since the New York Marathon attracts millions, City Discovery highly recommends booking activities well in advance. For travelers and marathon enthusiasts aiming to be right where the action is, planning and making the necessary arrangements as early as possible is critical.
City Discovery is a leading provider of sightseeing tours, travel experiences and ground transportation worldwide. With over 5,000 carefully selected travel activities in 300 destinations and user-friendly features such as traveler reviews, wishbox, suggested itineraries and gift certificates, City Discovery sells directly to consumers through City-Discovery.com and a network of over 7,000 travel agencies and affiliates. City Discovery is available in 12 languages and has offices in USA, France, Italy, Greece and the Philippines.