Nottingham, UK (PRWEB) October 14, 2009
The experts at Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) are sharing their knowledge with industry professionals by launching a new training enterprise under the "PharmaTraining" brand. The details of the training provision can be seen at http://www.pharma-training-courses.com.
Well known in the industry for their leading consultancy expertise, the PDS experts are offering a wide range of training courses under the following main subject areas:
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and compliance, Pharmaceutical Product Development, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Support, and Pharmaceutical R & D Support.
PDS Managing Director Michael Gamlen says, "Keeping pace with the continually changing pharmaceutical industry is hard work. As we are constantly active in implementing the latest developments in our consultancy work, we are in a strong position to pass on the knowledge we gain to industry professionals who want to keep their professional expertise in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing process up to date. The price for companies of failing to keep up with developments in regulation and good practice in these areas can be very high in terms of delays in registration or product launch. Through PharmaTraining we are making the experience of uniquely qualified experts available to people who need to broaden their skills and ensure that they are really up to date."
The addition of acclaimed presenter Dr Pauline McGregor has further strengthened the PharmaTraining team of experts. Pauline has 20 years experience working for pharmaceutical companies and contract testing laboratories in both Canada and the UK. Throughout her career, Pauline has identified a lack of shared knowledge between manufacturing, quality control, R&D and quality assurance sectors in the healthcare industries. She believes there is a need for cross education and training to allow the different disciplines to communicate with each other so that realistic objectives can be met by all in a timely manner.
The PharmaTraining courses are delivered at a range of excellent venues, principally in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, and can also be delivered "in-house" if required. Courses can also be delivered further afield with, for example, Michael Gamlen delivering courses on Process Development and Quality by Design (QbD) in India in January 2010. Details of the experts delivering the courses and the range of content offered are available on the website http://www.pharma-training-courses.com.
Notes for Editors
1. Pharmaceutical Development Services was founded in 2000 to provide consultancy in the areas of pharmaceutical and chemical development, quality services and regulatory affairs.
PDS can also advise on the importation of biological products from the USA to Europe including assistance with logistics, product release, regulation and European law.
PDS operates from three centres of excellence: Nottingham UK, Beckenham UK and the USA.
In the UK, PDS can be contacted at:
+44 (0) 115 912 4277
2. PharmaTraining offers the following range of courses:
GMP and compliance training
- GMP auditor training
- GMP in Primary (API) manufacturing
- GMP in Secondary (product) manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Documentation - a practical approach
- How to audit API manufacturers
Pharmaceutical product development
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients - development, supply and commercial manufacture
- Integrated tablet formulation development
- Tablet process development and validation
- Hands-on tabletting
- Stability testing in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Analytical method development and validation
Pharmaceutical manufacturing support
- Supply chain management - pharma/biotech
- Technology transfer for pharmaceutical products
Pharmaceutical R&D support
- 'Molecules to market' - navigating the development maze
- Team building and decision-making
- Managing Pharmaceutical Development Projects
PharmaTraining can be contacted at
221-241 Beckenham Road
+44 (0) 115 912 4277
A photograph of Dr. Michael Gamlen is available from Media Contact
Andrew Third, +44 (0) 115 912 4350