In light of the current economic scenario, define your vision of what a true education should give to a student
Diamond Bar, CA (PRWEB) October 15, 2009
California Intercontinental University (Cal University) the online University today announced the extension of its 2009 Scholarship Prize Essay contest to 16 November 2009. Students applying for any course at Cal University can benefit from Scholarship of $ 2000 (to be used as a CalU student and upon successful fulfillment of all the criteria established by the Scholarship Committee ) by participating in this Scholarship prize essay contest. The contest requires students to write and submit their essays on the topic - "In light of the current economic scenario, define your vision of what a true education should give to a student" before November 16 2009. The winner of the contest would be awarded a Scholarship of $3000 to be used as a student at Cal University.
"The decision to extend the date of the Scholarship essay contest was taken by the Cal University management in wake of the Higher Education Board's decision to revise the Tuition fee in the next semester starting in Jan 2010. Participating in the essay contest and taking advantage of the scholarship will help all students who otherwise may find it difficult to afford the increased cost of Higher education next year onwards. This is the best time to enroll for a higher degree course with one of the renowned online University's in the country. I invite all students who want to pursue higher education to enroll for our essay contest," said Mr. Kumar, CEO, Cal University.
The essay should provide answers to some of these intriguing questions about education: Is our education system keeping up with the times? Are our students armed with the right skills to face today's competitive world? What are the attributes that a good education system must provide to its students to make them competitive and employable in these tough times? As a student, what is your take on the current education system and your vision for change?
Fill in the registration form to enter the contest
Once you click on the Register button above, an automated mail will be sent to your registered email ID, which will provide you with clear instructions regarding the essay submission criteria.
*Deadline for entries: November 16, 2009
- The scholarship essay contest is designed for students looking for higher education opportunities, be it a bachelors, masters or doctorate program. The student must meet all admissions requirements for CalU in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Entries must contain a minimum of 1000 and a maximum of 1500 words.
- The essay must be in English language only. The essay must be typed in Word format, with double spacing between lines. The name, address, email and phone number of the applicant should be typed on the top right hand corner of the document.
- The submission of the essay will be only through the online registration form above. Submit the form to get further instructions.
- Only one essay will be accepted per person. Only 1 scholarship may be awarded to each recipient.
- Entries will be reviewed by a CalU Scholarship Committee. The Committee's decision will be final and binding.
- By accepting the prize, winners grant CalU the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this contest, and to further use their names, likenesses, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
About Cal University
California InterContinental University is a distance education institution of higher learning dedicated to the study of Business Administration and Management, which promotes quality learning, critical thinking, and the discovery of new knowledge for the benefit of diverse business communities. We strive to admit motivated and committed students who, through their academic accomplishments, will become successful business managers, executives, leaders, researchers, and consultants.