Moving does not need to be overwhelming. Everyone deserves to have a professional, affordable moving company handle their move
Fort Wayne, IN (Vocus) October 22, 2009
Allied Van Lines is now providing tips to help homeowners avoid common mover scams. Picking the right moving company in an industry known for unethical practices is crucial and Allied Vans is shedding light on what to look for and avoid when picking a mover.
“Moving does not need to be overwhelming. Everyone deserves to have a professional, affordable moving company handle their move," says Jeffrey Williams, Web Marketing Manager at SIRVA. “These pointers will guide you to choosing a reliable, professional moving company.”
- Always get an on-site estimate to avoid getting charged more than expected. Allied Van Lines provides free on-site moving estimates.
- Be sure to confirm the moving company’s address, either by searching online or physically going to the location. A reputable mover will have a real address.
- Find a reliable moving company by asking friends, family and neighbors who have moved before and had successful moves. Your real estate agent can also be a good resource.
- Get estimates from three different companies to get a ballpark idea of a reasonable rate. If one company provides a substantially different quote, they could be disreputable.
- Pick a moving company that gives an estimate based on weight rather than cubic feet to avoid getting charged far more than expected.
- When looking at a moving company’s Web site, check the feedback from clients. If there is an excess of negative comments choose a different company.
“Keeping these tips in mind will help keep your move headache-free, affordable and successful,” says Williams.
The first step to avoiding a scam is to know how to recognize one. There are several scams that Allied Van Lines wants homeowners to be aware of. Disreputable moving companies will tack on additional fees after giving an initial estimate, making the move much more expensive than anticipated. Another tactic is to change the price at the very last minute.
In addition to unfair pricing, deceitful companies can be irresponsible with furniture and other possessions, oftentimes resulting in a late delivery – or no delivery at all.
Allied Van Lines has built its reputation as one of the most trustworthy moving companies in the country thanks to its reliability and professionalism. Allied provides free moving estimates, so homeowners are not tricked into paying exuberant fees to move.
About Allied Van Lines
Established in 1928, Allied Van Lines is one of the established global brands of SIRVA Inc., a leader in providing relocation services to corporations, consumers and governments around the world. With more than 500 agent locations in North America, they can connect most people with movers that are experienced in household goods moving and specialized transportation services.
Web Marketing Manager