San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 19, 2009
Yoga Tree SF will celebrate its 10 year anniversary by partnering with Off The Mat, Into The World (conscious activism and service) to create a series of events with the purpose of raising money to donate to three great causes:
- Headstand - by bringing yoga into schools (Youth-at-Risk)
- Project Open Hand - by feeding homeless, seniors and people with illness (People-in-Need)
- OTM Seva Challenge - by helping the Uganda people (World)
Ultimately the goal is to raise $40,000 and to empower the yoga community to raise energy, awareness and funds for local and global organizations in need.
Three special events at Yoga Tree SF Castro studio in San Francisco:
1. Yoga For The Kids - Sat., October 24th, 1:30-4pm - benefiting Headstand
Led by Janet Stone, Sianna Sherman & music by MC Yogi
2. Yoga For The Community - Sat., November 21st, 1:30-4pm - benefiting Project Open Hand
Led by Steph Snyder, Jill Abelson & music by Daniel Tucker
3. Yoga For The World - Sat., December 5th 6:30 - 9:30pm - benefiting Uganda Seva Challenge
Led by Kerri Kelly, Suzanne Sterling & Hala Khouri
Yoga Tree students and teachers will be encouraged to get involved. There will be five tiers depending on how much money each participant is able to raise and/or donate:
1. Tadasana - donate at least $50 - receive certificate and participate in an event.
2. Tree Pose - donate at least $100 - receive above plus you're acknowledged on Yoga Tree website.
3. Handstand - donate at least $500 - receive above plus a five-class pass at Yoga Tree and a yoga mat.
4. Warrior - donate at least $1,000 - receive above plus your photo in Yoga Tree's newsletter and a gift bag.
5. Maha Mudra - the person who raises the most money will receive all the benefits of above plus one-month of unlimited yoga at Yoga Tree.
"I am delighted to share our ability, talent and resources with the Off The Mat community in order to make a sustainable impact for youth-at-risk, homeless and the environment. I care deeply about strengthening our world and protecting the vibrancy, continuity and future needs of our community" emphasizes Tim Dale, co-founder of Yoga Tree SF.
About: Yoga Tree SF
San Francisco's premier yoga center with four locations featuring the best yoga instructors, committed to green practices, offering a wide variety of yoga styles and classes, a credited teacher training program, yoga workshops and retreats.
For more information, please visit http://www.YogaTreeSF.com.
About: Off The Mat, Into The World
Through yoga this is a program that aims to inspire and guide you to find and define your purpose and become active in your local or global community in an effective, sustainable and joyful way. OTM is an educational, experimental and motivational process for those interested in conscious activism and service.
For more information, please visit: http://www.offthematintotheworld.org/
San Francisco-based organization committed to improving the academic, psychological, and physical health of students and teachers in Bay Area classrooms - using standards-based YogaEd tools. Through yoga Headstand works with public and private K-12 schools to transform classrooms into inspiring learning environments.
For more information, please visit: http://www.headstand.org/
About: Project Open Hand
Project Open Hand provides food and nourishment to improve the quality of life for the men, women and children it serves in the San Francisco and Alameda counties. Project Open Hand programs include: meal, grocery and nutrition counseling for people with symptomatic HIV and AIDS, people over 60 years of age, and the critically ill.
For more information, please visit: http://www.openhand.org/
What: Yoga Tree SF Takes it Off The Mat in Celebration of their 10-Year Anniversary
Where: Yoga Tree Castro - 97 Collingwood St. @ 18th - San Francisco, CA 94114 415-701-YOGA
When: Saturdays, October 24th 1:30 - 4pm, November 21st 1:30 - 4pm, December 5th 6:30 - 9:30pm
For more details and registration please visit http://www.yogatreesf.com
Karin Conn PR