Dresses that are fresh, contemporary interpretations of vintage designs that will make every bride feel as glamorous as she looks.
Colorado Springs, CO (PRWEB) October 17, 2009
Couture bridal dress designer, Alisa Benay announced today that she will debut her first full collection during bridal market in New York City, October 17-19. Alisa Benay Bridal Couture will feature 13 gowns ranging in price from $2,000 to $5,000 and one limited edition gown for $7,800.
For over 14 years, Benay has created custom bridal wear and designs, inspired by historical fashions, especially the feminine silhouette created by a corset and the drama of the bustle. "For my first full collection, I took inspiration from the breathtaking gowns of the past and transformed them into dream gowns fit for the modern bride," said Benay. "Dresses that are fresh, contemporary interpretations of vintage designs that will make every bride feel as glamorous as she looks."
Taking into account the current economic market, Benay has evenly designed dresses that appeal to a wide-range of budgets, while still paying close attention to using high-quality fabrics, lace and of course, creating custom designs. This year's Alisa Benay Couture Collection includes:
- Amelia - Silk taffeta A-line gown with embroidered trim and shirred leavers lace on bustier and sweep train. $3,800. Available in pure white, vintage cream, and vintage champagne. Also available with chiffon instead of shirred leavers lace for $2,500.
- Beatrice - Silk satin strapless mermaid gown with shirred flocked tulle over skirt on chapel length train. $3,500. Available in ivory.
- Claudia - Silk leavers lace sheath gown with embroidered trim, silk ribbon rosette, and tulip skirt. $3,440. Available in pure white, vintage cream, and vintage champagne. Also available in silk chiffon for $2,200.
- Deirdre - Silk taffeta A-line gown with bubble hem, English embroidered lace overlay on bustier and underskirt, and vintage inspired rhinestone trim. $2500. Available in white with silver trim and ivory with gold trim.
- Felicity - Silk satin strapless mermaid gown with French Alencon lace trim, shirred silk chiffon skirt, and chapel length train. $2,500. Available in white and ivory.
- Gillian - Silk dupioni corseted strapless ball gown with ruched bust line, French Alencon lace midriff, and chapel length train. $3,000. Available in white, ivory, and champagne.
- Josephine - Silk dupioni corseted strapless trumpet gown with hand made silk flowers adorning the bustle and chapel length train. $3,500. Available in white, ivory, and champagne.
- Lily - Silk dupioni corseted strapless trumpet gown with French Alencon lace midriff and court train. $2,450. Available in white, ivory, and champagne.
- Millicent - Silk taffeta corseted strapless ball gown with English embroidered lace on bodice and skirt overlay. Multi layered bubble taffeta overskirt, vintage inspired rhinestone trim, and hand made silk flower all adorn the skirt. $5,000. Available in white and ivory.
- Mirabelle - Silk crepe strapless trumpet skirt gown adorned with custom designed three-dimensional French beaded Chantilly lace, embroidered with chiffon flowers and French leavers lace tiers on skirt. $7,800. Limited edition. Available in vintage blush only.
- Penelope - Silk taffeta A-line gown with bubble hem, overlay of English embroidered lace, and vintage inspired rhinestone trim. $2,300. Available in white with silver trim and ivory with gold trim.
- Phoebe - Silk chiffon sheath gown with French Alencon lace trim, flutter sleeve, and tulip skirt. $2,000. Available in white and ivory.
The limited edition Mirabelle gown is the chosen dress for Benay's 100 Brides for 100K® philanthropic initiative to raise $100,000 for breast cancer causes. Alisa Benay Bridal Couture will donate $1,000 from each sale of a Mirabelle gown, towards breast cancer research and awareness causes.
In addition to their beautiful, vintage inspired designs, Alisa Benay Bridal Couture gowns also stand out for their fit. While many bridal and clothing companies still use fit charts that were established based on measurements taken in the 1930's with a tape measure, Benay's fit charts were established from digital image body scans taken of 20,000 American women in 2005. Because her fit is based on the current average American woman, brides will most often fit in an Alisa Benay gown true to size without much need for alteration, saving the bride money and time.
For more information on the Alisa Benay Bridal Couture Collection, please visit http://www.alisabenay.com.