At the Pyramid, we have a team of experts ready to help women become survivors of breast cancer
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 21, 2009
mySpaShop (mSS), the Web's first, holistic virtual spa lifestyle boutique, has dedicated the month of October to providing visitors with resources and support from expert advisors to assist both breast cancer patients and families of those struggling with this disease.
mSS and its partners are passionate about their involvement with multiple Breast Cancer organizations. Because of their generosity, various charities and organizations have been able to reach millions of people and raise money for Breast Cancer research, education, screening and treatment. The spa boutique features hundreds of "DIY" Home Spa Treatments and distinctive spa lifestyle products sourced globally by healthy & wellness advisors.
The following is a selection of mSS partners and their participation in supporting Breast Cancer organizations. For an entire listing of the support provided by mSS partners visit Spa Shop Breast Cancer Support:
- 5% of each purchase of HollyBeth's hand-poured all natural soy candles will go to breast cancer research. Select from LIVE with Rosemary and Peppermint or LAUGH with Grapefruit, Lemon and Tangerine.
- For every Just Good For You product sold through mySpaShop in October, $5 will be donated to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Foundation.
- In October, ALL proceeds from sales of suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, will go toward Breast Cancer Action's, Think Before You Pink campaign, an organization committed to truly researching, educating & helping women on their struggles with this epidemic.
- Zents Hope Candle will benefit The R.E.S.T Initiative for breast cancer awareness month. For each Hope Candle sold, $2 will be donated to The R.E.S.T. Initiative.
- In a quest to further breast cancer research, Universal Companies, Inc. developed The Pink Glove. They are donating $5.50 for every box of gloves that are sold and have already donated close to $70,000.
mSS has recently added Dr. William Kelley of Pyramid Holistic Wellness Center in Rutland, Vermont to their collection of over 50 Spa Lifestyle Advisors. Pyramid Holistic Wellness Center features health and personal well-being offerings along with a multidisciplinary team of practicing wellness professionals.
With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, mSS asked Dr. William Kelley, a licensed psychologist and the founder of the Pyramid Center, to review some of the complementary wellness approaches used at the Pyramid Center to support women with breast cancer.
"At the Pyramid, we have a team of experts ready to help women become survivors of breast cancer," said Dr. Kelley. "There are many complementary approaches and treatments that can be used quite safely along with a traditional clinical regimen. But we always advise a woman undergoing conventional treatment to check with her medical provider first."
In his article, Complimentary Wellness Approaches to Support Women with Breast Cancer, Dr. Kelley outlined the following options available at the Pyramid Center in Vermont and that may be available to women in other areas of the country including Homepathy, Reiki, Hypnotherapy and Laughter Yoga.
Whatever the challenges faced by a woman with Breast Cancer and their family, there are many approaches to well-being that can be considered and mSS has gathered a list of resources into one central location. Visit Breast Cancer Support Resources for more information.
About mySpaShop: mySpaShop.com (mSS) is the Web's first virtual spa offering everything you need to lead the spa lifestyle -- accessible to anyone, anytime, anywhere with online Spa Booker. mSS brings together experts, treatments and shopping for the newest spa products and lets the spa community share personal stories. Top spa lifestyle advisors and beauty professionals educate site visitors on "Do it Your Self" Spa at Home Rituals, massages and facials, fitness and exercise, turning the bathroom into a spa, bathing as therapy, cleansing, meditation, healthy living and beauty therapies. Users will find nutritional and weight loss advice and more than 2,000 of the newest spa products and skincare lines including many now only available at destination spas. Visitors will also find a community of like-minded people where they can share their stories and get peer support. At mSS Earn Rewards on purchases, Referrals and Spa Affiliate Sales with branded retail online marketing services. mSS is the creation of Kimberley Matheson Shedrick, CEO of Natural Resources Spa Consulting, Inc.(NRISpa) a leading spa consultancy whose high-end clients include Trump Resorts, Cuisin Art Resort and Spa in Anguilla, the Fontainebleau Resorts in Miami Beach and Las Vegas and the Four Seasons Hotels in Moscow, New York City and Vail.