Regardless of the time of year, your at-home skin care routine does not have to involve a lot of time or money - it can be customized to fit within your schedule and budget
Carlsbad, Ca. (PRWEB) October 23, 2009
As you transition your clothes, shoes and even hair color for the new season, don't forget about paying attention to your faithful friend - your skin. As your largest organ, the skin is a window into everything else going on in the body. Your skin works hard for you by providing a critical immune defense barrier. So, take time out this winter to restore your old pal.
"Regardless of the time of year, your at-home skin care routine does not have to involve a lot of time or money - it can be customized to fit within your schedule and budget," said skin care lifestyle expert Celeste Hilling. "As it's really important to exercise at least 10 minutes each day, it's also critical to give yourself the five-minute beauty workout for healthy skin."
As the host of "Skin Health TODAY", a syndicated internet radio show; and CEO of Skin Authority, the leading skin care lifestyle company, Hilling speaks with people around the world on the simple steps they can take to have healthy and amazing skin. She shares the following Winter Feast tips with you:
1. Hydrate Your Skin through Exfoliation: Old skin care myths led people to believe that exfoliation can dry or thin the skin. Modern research shows that regular exfoliation speeds up the cell turnover process allowing the body to produce much needed moisture-bearing properties like hyaluronic acid and helps to plump the skin by churning up elastin and collagen production. That's why Hilling recommends using a resurfacing agent like glycolic acid. Commonly derived from sugar cane, glycolic acid gently dissolves dead surface skin cells signaling the body to replace those skin cells with new, plump cells. With nightly use, moisture can be increased by 33 percent over eight weeks.
2. Become a Mask Maven: Masks play an important role in calming inflammation or combating dehydration that can result from overexposure to summer heat or cold, dry winter air. For extremely irritated skin, Hilling recommends applying a mask of eucalyptus and sulpher once a week, in addition to your daily skin care regime, which puts nutrients and moisture back into your skin while fighting inflammation.
3. Love ALL of the Skin You're In: Our face is the most visible portion of our skin, but it's important to resurface the entire body, including those summer- and winter-time problem areas such as knees, elbows, hands and feet. Hilling recommends resurfacing each night by using an external exfoliator, such as a shower scrub, followed by a moisturizer with 20 percent glycolic acid.
4. Don't Put the Sunscreen Away with the Pool Bag: Sunscreen helps prevent signs of aging as well as immune disorders, such as skin cancer, so it's important to protect your skin throughout the year. To ensure your sunscreen works for you this winter:
- Apply to all exposed skin, which in the winter months often includes our faces, neck, ears, décolletage, hands, forearms, feet and ankles
- Use a sunscreen that gives you full-spectrum protection. To determine the quality, check the SPF number on the label (those with SPF 15 or greater yield the best results). Also, scan the active ingredient label to make sure it has UVA-blocking elements such as titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or anything in the avobenzone family
- Look for the stars! Skin Authority's Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30, UVA 4-Stars is one of the first sunscreens to achieve a 4-star rating from the FDA. All sunscreens must post a star rating by next summer
5. Sun-kissed Recipe for Beautiful Winter Skin: To recreate a healthy summer glow, use bronzing powders and tinted moisturizers. These products give you a safe, sun-kissed look without going in the sun. Quick, money-saving tip: take a moisturizing sunscreen and add two drops of foundation. Mixing the two together gives you a more natural look for winter, saves you money and gives you healthier skin.
6. Go from Drab to Glam in 30 Days: this November, leading beauty and lifestyle experts from Key West to San Diego will take you through the Boot Camp circuits and send you home with glowing skin, a personal coach and pages of tips to shape a healthier life. Held in stunning spa locations in the mountains, on the beach and in cities, the Beauty Workout Holiday Boot Camps offer respites from our daily stressors. Hilling added, "The Boot Camps are mini vacations that offer lasting benefits for very little money. In fact, for less than the cost of four people going to McDonald's, the Boot Camps teach the skills to go from drab to glam in 30 days. Leading lifestyle experts will teach you how to make every dollar count when it comes to beauty, skin care, fitness and healthy eating. So, gather your friends and share in celebrating how amazing you can be!" Boot Camp locations and dates may be found on http://www.skinauthority.com/holiday-boot-camp.
About Celeste Hilling
With more than 15 years in the beauty and wellness industries, Celeste Hilling is the host of the syndicated internet radio show "Skin Health TODAY" and the Founder and CEO of Skin Authority, the leading skin care lifestyle company. Hilling serves a skin care expert for many media outlets including FOX News iMag, Spa Magazine and Les Nouvelles Esthetiques.
About Skin Authority
Skin Authority is the leading skin care lifestyle company. Through professional guidance and coaching, powerful and pure products, and profound professional treatment experiences, Skin Authority helps individuals make healthy choices daily to ensure a lifetime of youthful, radiant skin. Skin Authority is available exclusively at more than 100 leading spa partners as well as online through http://www.skinauthority.com.
# # #