New York City, NY (PRWEB) October 24, 2009
Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA, http://www.globalintelligence.com), a global strategic market intelligence and advisory group, announces that it will host a global webinar on October 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM GMT, to present key findings from its 2009 Global Market Intelligence Survey. Conducted annually over the past few years, this year's study surveyed 724 respondents from large global as well as regionally operating organizations across six continents, between August and September 2009.
Has the global recession of 2008/2009 changed the world of market intelligence forever? The results of GIA's 2009 Global Market Intelligence Study seem to indicate that this is the case. Companies have had to focus and prioritize, and while doing so, to think about what Market Intelligence is absolutely vital, why, when, and to whom. In such an environment there is no room for "nice to know" information. This webinar will examine and present the 'what', 'when' and 'how' regarding the fundamental changes in market intelligence function, which has implications across all industries:
- Companies in Construction and Property Development as well as Travel and Leisure have perhaps suffered the most from the recession, and it's not surprising to see these companies needing Market Intelligence to generate new leads and ideas.
- On the other hand, the Pharmaceuticals industry is far more stable in comparison, but many companies are now actively looking into new partnerships and even M&A prospects, given the recession that may shake the traditional balance of power between players.
- Companies specializing in the Energy, Resources and Environment sectors are in turn riding the trend of global environmental consciousness, which is indirectly boosted by the recession through consumers' raising concerns.
- Financial Services companies need to research and digest the post-credit crunch market, while those Consumer & Retail and Telecom & Media are trying to understand the changing patterns of consumer behavior in the midst of raising unemployment.
- Manufacturing & Industrial companies that produce investment goods typically suffer first from recessions but are also the first to rise from the slump. Predicting when the rise begins or if it has already is one of the primary concerns in the MI departments of these companies.
The GIA webinar on the 2009 Global Market Intelligence Survey is open to the public by online registation.
Date: October 29, 2009
Time: 9:00 AM GMT
For further information, please visit http://www.globalintelligence.com or send an email to media(at)globalintelligence.com.
About Global Intelligence Alliance:
Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA) is a strategic market intelligence and advisory group. GIA was formed in 1995 when a team of market intelligence specialists, management consultants, industry analysts and technology experts came together to build a powerful suite of customized solutions ranging from outsourced market monitoring services and software, to strategic analysis and advisory.
Today, we are the preferred partner for organizations seeking to understand, compete and grow in international markets. Our industry expertise and coverage of over 100 countries enables our customers to make better informed decisions worldwide.