We are thrilled to partner with the LEGO Group because the success and popularity of their brand reaches all generations while their assets have a natural creative versatility that, when applied to the reality genre, will be a winning formula
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 26, 2009
MESS MEDIA, a multi-media production company based in Santa Monica, announced today a new partnership with leading global toy manufacturer, The LEGO Group, to produce several reality formats for television that leverage the universal awareness and appeal of the brand and its versatile icons of creativity, imagination and fun.
Scott Messick, who runs MESS MEDIA will executive produce along with Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment, from The LEGO Group. Messick, a multi Emmy Award-winning executive producer and 2008 Directors Guild Award™ nominee, is currently executive producing "Shaq VS," for ABC and the new hit series "Destroy Build Destroy," for Cartoon Network. Wilfert has negotiated and executive produced a variety of direct-to-video LEGO® films and original video content.
"We are thrilled to partner with the LEGO Group because the success and popularity of their brand reaches all generations while their assets have a natural creative versatility that, when applied to the reality genre, will be a winning formula," said Messick. "We see the projects taking a variety of different creative paths and providing compelling content to shop to numerous outlets that target a wide range of demos."
"Scott and the team at Mess Media have a great track record for creating innovative and compelling programming," said Wilfert. "They have a real passion for the LEGO brand, and they have some great ideas regarding programming that captures and showcases the inherent creativity at the core of every LEGO experience."
The LEGO project is at the forefront of the recent surge of projects that have been developed and produced by MESS MEDIA over the last few months. Messick recently served as the Executive Producer on the ROAD RAGE pilot for CBS. Mostly known for male-driven sports programming, Messick is building his brand to focus more on projects across all genres and demos, with the LEGO deal helping him to reach that goal.
Spearheading development of original projects is Cindie Zimmerman Nemes, appointed by Messick as MESS MEDIA Vice President, Development. Together, they have built a strong slate of projects with big name talent and innovative properties. Among the new development:
- Reality Competition series with six-time academy award winner and special effects makeup artist, Rick Baker. Artists will create and compete to win an opportunity to work with Rick.
- Docu-soap with well-known Hollywood Floral designer, Kevin Lee. Series will follow Kevin and his team at LA Premier as they prep for upcoming events.
- An untitled series with controversial author and investigator, Juval Aviv, who is known for his ties with the Mossad and the basis for the lead character in Steven Speilberg's MUNICH. The series will follow Juval and his team as they hunt down financial criminals.
- Docu-soap with CALSTAR (California Shock and Trauma Rescue). An intense look at the men and woman who fly in to rescue and transport accident/trauma victims.
- After the successful four-year run with MADDEN NATION on ESPN, Messick secured the rights with gamer EA and is currently shopping the series to a new home. The project is also executive produced by Eric Eisner.
- Messick has built a relationship with Japan's Fuji TV (Manswers, Hole in the Wall) and has secured the rights to two Fuji formats he is currently developing for the U.S.
ABOUT MESS MEDIA
Scott Messick is the founder and current president of MESS MEDIA, a multi-media production company based in Santa Monica, California. For the last two decades, Messick has been responsible for some of the most influential and groundbreaking sports and reality television including his Emmy-award winning work as Director and Supervising Producer on the original "Survivor". Messick's most recent projects include Oxygen's "Fight Girls", CMT's "Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge", Major League Gaming's coverage for 2007's Halo 3 Competition, ESPN'S "Madden Nation, and Spike's "Pros vs. Joes". He also served as executive producer and director of "Boot Camp," and "Looking for Love: Bachelorettes in Alaska," on Fox, as well as "Battle of the Network Stars," for NBC. Additionally Messick's MESS MEDIA produced "NASCAR Drivers 360" for FX," "Magic Johnson's Streetball," for MTV, "I'd Do Anything" for ESPN and "Carpocalypse" for SPIKE TV. For more information, please visit http://www.messmedia.com.
ABOUT THE LEGO GROUP
The LEGO Group (http://www.LEGO.com) is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities through its products, which can be purchased in more than 130 countries. Its employees are guided by the motto of its founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen, that "Only the best is good enough."
LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of The LEGO Group. © 2009 The LEGO Group.
# # #