Burbank, CA (PRWEB) October 28, 2009
Launched in 2004 CTN (The Creative Talent Network) is a virtual community of animation artists from some of the highest grossing films in the history of. For the first time this group of world class professional talent from the animation industry will converge for 3-days. In honor of this event and CTN the city will proclaim it "Animation Week" in Burbank Ca. Get connected and more during this intense weekend full of educational programs, demonstrations, technology showcases, recruiting events, parties and after-hour networking. Whether a professional, student or fan, everyone will leave CTN-X with more than they walked in with whether it's a job, an idea, or career connection.
"After 5 years of hosting smaller events I am honored and excited to be able to bring together the creators of "The Little Mermaid", "Aladdin", "Shrek", "Kung Fu Pangda" and more. Artists are coming from Italy, Germany, Ireland, Canada and the US for this once in a lifetime opportunity. The animation industry is talent driven and it is my pleasure to put their contributions and knowledge center stage." says Tina Price founder of CTN and award winning animator, industry pioneer and 24 year former animation professional with the Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Now only 4 weeks away, here are a few of the signature events that will be happening at the Expo:
- Legendary Cartoonist Ronald Searle Endorses CTN-X. "I am happy for my name to be used in association with the CTN-Xpo. I am very pleased to be honored like this & quite surprised that people still think of me!" ~ Ronald Searle. Join this first ever tribute to one of if not the greatest cartoonist of this century through the voices of those he's inspired.
- Spotlight Interviews with legendary creatives such as Peter de Sève, Mike Mignola and more.
- Talent from Dreamworks Animation, Pixar, Sony Image Works, Disney Animation and more talk casually about their careers and share industry secrets.
- Over 50 presenters who have contributed to some of the highest grossing films in the history of animation covering creative tips and trade secrets from design, VFX, directing and more.
- 60 exhibitors including 'LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS' and 'SPEED TALENT' studio portfolio reviews.
- Special Screenings of "The Secret of the Kells" followed by round table discussions with the Producer and Director moderated by LA Film Critic Charles Solomon. "Banjo the Woodpile Cat" 30 years later with Don Bluth and Gary Goldman moderated by Cartoon Brew Founder and Animation Historian Jerry Beck.
- Recession Buster Raffle. $1000 cash plus prizes. One winner a day. Signed exclusive sketchbooks and limited edition promotional art from "How to Train Your Dragon".
- CTN-X at night where the conversation continues until midnight.
"We are proud to host the first-ever Animation Expo," says Burbank's Deputy City Manager Joy Forbes. "Our city is known around the world for its state-of-the-art studios and production facilities. This will be such a tremendous occasion for the most talented animators in the country and we look forward to their arrival in November."
CTN-X opens its doors Friday, November 20th thru Sunday, November 22nd at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center conveniently located adjacent from the Burbank Airport and Amtrak Train stations with tickets starting at $25 for exhibit floor, $55 a day pass and $125 for a 3-day pass. Discounted rates are available to students, active military and professional industry organizations. For more information, please visit: http://www.ctnanimationexpo.com.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TALENT NETWORK
Founded in 2004 by 25 year Walt Disney veteran Tina Price, the Creative Talent Network (CTN) is an exclusive virtual community of top talent professional artists from the animation gaming, film and video industries. CTN is a self funded community with the support of its sponsors and professional members and provides services in the form of educational programs, promotional tools, inspiring workshops and networking opportunities. CTN events help talented artists connect, get jobs and reach their goals both locally and internationally each and every year. For more information, please visit: http://www.creativetalentnetwork.com.