Once you decide on your destination then shop around for the hotels that are offering the best rates, as well as the most free perks as these items can substantially add to your hotel stay
Dallas, TX (Vocus) October 27, 2009
getaroom.com offers travelers money-saving travel tips that can save them money on hotel rooms, airfares, ways to get free night stays, freebies for kids and more.
“Giving travelers the best value for their travel dollars is key to what getaroom.com stands for,” said Bob Diener, President and Co-founder of getaroom.com. Diener, a travel expert and frequent guest on radio shows across the country, shares his insider knowledge of the travel industry with consumers to help them save money every time they travel.
1. Book the Short Sale. Travel companies including airlines, hotels and even cruise lines are offering travelers deals for a “limited” time. They will put rooms or cities on sale for short periods of time ranging from just a few hours to three days. According to Diener, “While these sales are used to encourage bookings they can save travelers hundreds of dollars.”
2. Book Now! Rates in many destinations such as New York, Miami, Boston and Washington DC are going up. Unlike last year when travelers were able to wait to the last minute to book the lowest rates on accommodations, this year rates are getting higher closer to check-in. If you know your travel dates book in advance to lock in the best rates.
3. Bargain Destinations. “Let the destination pick you!” Diener recommends travelers search out a destination based on cost instead of picking the destination first. For example, instead of planning a Hawaiian vacation focus on a trip to a beach. Then research several beach destinations and select the one that best fits your budget. According to Diener some of the best deals available right now can be had in Orlando, Las Vegas and New Orleans. For example getaroom.com has rooms in Las Vegas for as low as $16 a night!
4. Let Your Fingers Do the Walking. Often times by phoning a hotel directly rather than booking via a hotel web site travelers can save money. If demand is low the manager may be willing to offer a break in the rate to entice bookings. Additionally, getaroom.com offer travelers lower unpublished rates via its call center 1-800-HOTELS-8 that it cannot post on its website.
5. Join A Group! Being a member of certain groups can get travelers reduced hotel rates including AAA and AARP. Frequent travelers should take advantage of airline and hotel loyalty programs. They can provide travelers with free airfare and hotel rooms, as well as other free perks including upgrades, free breakfasts and more. One unique group is Florida residents. Travelers who live in Florida can save money on hotels in that state by mentioning they are a Florida resident!
6. Twitter. Follow your favorite travel companies on Twitter and save! Companies like Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines and getaroom.com have offered special deals via the popular social networking site – the key is to check Twitter often as these deals are for limited periods of time.
7. All the Best Things in Life Are Free! From free room nights to free in-room movies, travelers can get all kinds of money-saving deals. Many properties offer free-night stays when booking a minimum number of room nights; getaroom.com is offering its clients free in-room movie rentals; hotels will also offer such incentives as free continental breakfast, free internet connections and free access to the properties gym facilities. “Once you decide on your destination then shop around for the hotels that are offering the best rates, as well as the most free perks as these items can substantially add to your hotel stay,” advised Diener.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with rates typically 10 to 25 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at hundreds of national chain and independent boutique properties in the U.S. including New York, Orlando, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Anaheim, San Diego and Reno.