Many of our own distributors are healthcare professionals looking for ways to incorporate Young Living into their practice or profession. The IHPC will be an important internal and external advocate for their accomplishments and needs.
Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) October 29, 2009
Young Living is leading the essential oil industry with the advent of a newly-created Integrated Health Professionals Council (IHPC).
The purpose of the IHPC is to explore, evaluate and realize opportunities for integrating essentials oils and other natural products into alternative and mainstream health care. Council members will work closely with the Young Living corporate team and offer their expertise to guide research and development efforts, evaluate and improve products, and assist in developing educational tools and programs.
"Our goal is to create a global network of health professionals that we can look to for specialized knowledge and recommendations," says Doug Nelson, CEO. "Many of our own distributors are healthcare professionals looking for ways to incorporate Young Living into their practice or profession. The IHPC will be an important internal and external advocate for their accomplishments and needs."
The five members of the IHPC include:
- Carolyn Demarco, MD - Dr. DeMarco obtained her medical degree from the University of Toronto in 1972, and has been championing the cause of women's health and alternative medicine ever since. Throughout her career she has worked to inform, inspire and empower women to take charge of their health at every level. She has authored several books and lectured and given workshops extensively across Canada and the United States.
- Peter Minke, PhD -Dr. Minke earned a Ph.D. in Cell Biology from Texas A&M University. Peter is also a Certified Aston-Patterning® Practitioner, a Registered Massage Therapist and a Massage Therapy Instructor.
- Dan Purser, MD - Dr. Purser began with a practice in family medicine emphasizing geriatrics, and has continued neurological studies with an emphasis in pituitary dysfunction and brain trauma, as well as intensive preventive care of the body.
- Edward Close, PhD - Dr. Edward R. Close is a world-renowned expert in science and engineering. He has worked in environmental planning and management for more than 40 years. He has served as environmental advisor to more than 15 Fortune 500 companies and has authored several books on a wide range of topics.
- Jamie Naughright, EdD - Dr. Naughright was a university professor for over ten years and is a certified athletic trainer with over 18 years experience working with professional, olympic and intercollegiate athletes. She is the Director of Integrative Therapists for the Urban Zen foundation and operates a yoga studio in Lakeland, Florida.
Young Living distributors, healthcare professionals and members of the public can contact the IHPC with questions, suggestions, or comments by e-mailing email@example.com.
About Young Living:
Young Living is the world leader is essential oils, offering therapeutic-grade essential oils for aromatherapy, massage, and to promote healthy living. Visit http://www.youngliving.com for more information.
gdelong (at) youngliving (dot) com