Not one of the 16 states - plus the District of Columbia - that have pushed forward with deregulation since the late 1990s can call it a success.
Boonton, NJ (PRWEB) October 29, 2009
On November 17, 2009, at 9:30 AM ET, Crunch Energy will sponsor a free 45-minute educational webinar addressing the implications of Pennsylvania's electric utility deregulation for businesses. The webinar, "PA's Electricity Deregulation: How to Save Money with Electric Choice" will arm business owners, CEOs, CFOs, controllers, building owners, procurement managers, energy managers and facility managers with the information they need to make the right choices for their companies. The session will be led by Richard J. Costello, PE, MSEM, BSME, CEM, President, Acela Energy Group.
Those who wish to attend may register online at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/188588323 or by calling (908) 500-4732.
Pennsylvania faces what may be a very rocky road in the wake of deregulation. Instead of creating competition and lower rates for consumers and businesses, deregulation has cost business owners in many states enormously. In fact, in a 2007 article, Ryan Keith of the Associated Press wrote, "Not one of the 16 states - plus the District of Columbia - that have pushed forward with deregulation since the late 1990s can call it a success."
This webinar aims to provide guidance to business decision makers by answering the following questions:
1. When are the rates going to change, and how dramatically will the increases affect my organization?
2. What are the components that determine energy costs?
3. Know what you're buying! What are PPL's product structures? What plans will they offer in 2010?
4. Who should own and define my organization's energy procurement process?
5. Which Energy Service Providers should we solicit?
6. What should we include in the RFP?
7. What are the major areas of concern in an electric purchasing contract?
8. How do we select our energy service provider?
9. What is PJM's role in deregulation? What do they do - and NOT do?
10. What should we to look for when selecting a Power Marketer and /or Energy Broker?
To register for the event, please visit https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/188588323 or call (908) 500-4732. Admission is free, but limited to the first 250 registrants.
About Richard Costello
Mr. Costello is the President of Acela Energy Group, an energy consulting group specializing in energy procurement, load management, as well as energy conservation training, auditing, and on-site wind & solar generation projects. Rich has extensive experience in the fields of load management, utility services, energy conservation, as well as, power, natural gas, and tariff related negotiations and agreements.
Rich is a registered professional engineer and was previously the Power Supply Manager for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, as well as a Senior Engineer in the Load Management Department of Boston Edison. He holds a M.S. in Engineering Management from Western New England College and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Northeastern University. Mr. Costello also conducts Energy Procurement and Management Seminars nationwide for the Association of Energy Engineers. Rich was the National President of the Association for the Year 2000, and recently received the 2003 Energy Professional of the Year Award from the organization. In 2006, Richard was inducted into the Energy Managers Hall of Fame.
- Certified Energy Manager - Association of Energy Engineers ( Instructor)
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional - Association of Energy Engineers
- Certified Demand Side Management Professional - Association of Energy Engineers
- Certified Energy Procurement Professional - Association of Energy Engineers ( Instructor)
- Certified Green Building Engineer - Association of Energy Engineers
- Certified Business Energy Professional - - Association of Energy Engineers ( Instructor)
- Qualified Energy Analyst - Association of Energy Engineers
About Crunch Energy
CrunchEnergy, an ENERGYSTAR® Partner, is an energy services company dedicated to cutting energy costs in non-residential buildings by implementing a comprehensive process of usage analysis, efficiency technology implementation, alternative energy sourcing, ongoing monitoring and management. To learn more about the company, visit http://www.CrunchEnergy.com.
About Bluebird University
Bluebird University provides a complete, outsourced seminar management solution. The organization is dedicated to helping B2B businesses generate highly qualified leads, deepen relationships with current customers, or train valued staff or clients through a premium seminar experience. Seminars are available either on client premises, offsite, or online as webinars. For more information, visit http://www.BluebirdUniversity.com.