We're seeing more and more live events featured on the platform
London (PRWEB) October 30, 2009
TV Everywhere has released the latest version of its video management system, VidZapper aimed at web development agencies and TV and video production companies.
VidZapper is used by clients including corporates, government bodies, academic institutions and commercial internet TV services and made available through a global network of qualified resellers. It was developed by a the veteran Internet TV team behind Web Channels and Narrowstep.
Recently launched channels include film trailers channel Moviebeat TV, a channel for the University of Wales and another for sailing's World Match Racing Tour. One of the world's largest retailers, Spain's El Corte Ingles has also chosen the platform for a raft of new channels, as has Spanish energy giant, Endesa.
"We're seeing more and more live events featured on the platform," comments TV Everywhere CEO, Iolo Jones. "And many more varied channels, showing that having an Internet TV channel is rapidly becoming as mainstream as having a website.
"The latest version of the platform has a very powerful API and we hope that it will therefore be ideal for web development and design companies and TV and video production companies who want to develop channels for their clients.
"We're also opening up a Plug-in platform so that VidZapper users can develop and share applications on top of the platform."
VidZapper already enables third party, user generated and professionally produced content to be mediated and combined; the system can be used with any cloud or content delivery network, including cloud networks such as Amazon or Azure, and CDNs such as Velocix, Limelight and Akamai.
Version Two of the product features a range of new functions, including:
- Statistics - detailed and queriable statistics are available both online and as an Excel download
- Ad tags - improved support for third party video ad tags and video ad tracking for DART, Accipiter, 24/7 etc..
- Flags - new content flags to force the whole of a video to be viewed and to make a content item play but not appear in the playlist - these have largely been introduced to support pre-roll, post-roll and in-stream advertising.
- Schedule - ability to specify playlists as near time (plays from the beginning of the video) or real time schedules.
- Distribution - the ability to distribute content to third part video serving services for promotion or for commercial reasons
- HTML Support - extended entries are now possible for HTML and other formats within the metadata text field, as is support for special characters.
- API 2.0 - a far more powerful, flexible API that includes the ability to address stats and playlists.
- Plug-in Architecture - that will allow third parties to develop applications for the platform.
- StreamZapper - a remote file management application that can be used to manage uploads and provide direct URLs to streams and downloads.
For further information please contact: media(at)tveverywhere.co(dot)uk