Palm Harbor, FL (PRWEB) November 4, 2009
Time is of the Essence when individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders wander off or become lost. Statistics show that at least 50% of those with Alzheimer’s will wander, and up to 70% of wanderers will do so repeatedly. Approximately 50% of those who wander away will suffer serious injury or death if not found within 24 hours.
The National Silver Alert program was developed to provide vital information to authorities to assist in the search and safe recovery of these individuals, and quickly reunite them with their loved ones and/or caregivers.
The free online registration program captures the following information and stores it in a secure, online database:
- Vital, personal information
- Caregiver information
- Primary physician information
- Vehicle information
- Color photograph
- Unique Silver Alert ID number
This information can be accessed by emergency responders via the National Silver Alert call center’s toll-free, emergency phone number.
A free education program, intended for all senior citizens, providing valuable information on personal and financial safety, frauds, scams, and identity theft is available via the National Silver Alert Web site.
The National Silver Alert program also offers the following layers of additional security, depending upon individual need:
- ID Card Packages - which includes 2 wallet-size ID cards and 1 large ID card that contain vital personal, medical, caregiver information and color photograph. Also included is an emergency responder decal to be placed on the front door or window, notifying responders that emergency information is displayed on the refrigerator, and an Emergency Responder refrigerator magnet to affix the ID card to the refrigerator.
- ID Bracelets and Pendants - each bracelet and pendant is engraved with the Silver Alert toll-free, emergency phone number and a unique serial number that will allow emergency responders to contact the National Silver Alert call center and retrieve vital emergency information.
The primary goal of this service is to help families of those with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders quickly locate and safely recover loved ones in the event that they should wander away. This free, online registration program provides an invaluable tool that may help save the lives of those stricken with this unstoppable disease.
For more information, please visit our Web site at: http://www.nationalsilveralert.com
Copyright © 2009, National Silver Alert, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Silver Alert® and National Silver Alert® are registered trademarks of National Silver Alert, Inc.