(PRWEB) November 7, 2009
Whether digital images are from a digital camera or a scanner, so-called “noise” is often noticeable. It can be seen as grains that compromise the smoothness of a photo or random red and blue pixels which spoil the color accuracy of a snap-shot. Such images can be improved with noise removal software. The idea is to achieve a balance between removing noise and keeping fine details in a picture.
AKVIS Noise Buster reduces both luminance and color noise in digital images without blurring the edges of objects. Photos remain sharp and crisp, while the unwanted artifacts disappear.
Noise Buster begins by applying the “Auto Filtering” preset to an image. Automatic Filtering has been improved in Version 7.0, but adjustments can still be made to parameters to achieve the desired result. Changes can be observed in the preview window.
A histogram displaying the noise level and noise components (color and luminance noise) of an image aids in deciding which parameters should be adjusted. Separate setting areas for luminance and color noise help deal with each kind of noise in the most efficient way.
The program tips help one to achieve the best result. Hovering the mouse over a parameter makes the application display a hint about this setting.
AKVIS Noise Buster 7.0 includes the following improvements. Registered users can upgrade for free:
- The noise reduction algorithm has been improved
- Automatic filtration has also been improved. It makes adjustments for particular kinds of noise based on four noise suppression parameters
- Support for 64 bit has been added to the plug-in version (now compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS4 64 bit)
- Compatibility with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 has been added.
- Now compatible with OS Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and Windows 7
- Bugs have been fixed in both the Windows and Macintosh versions.
- The Print Dialog Box (in standalone version) has been improved. Now a printer can be selected as well as its resolution.
- The interface has been redesigned. (New Skin)
- The installer has been updated
- Program documentation has been updated
- Working with the Preview Window and the Before/After tabs is now more intuitive.
Noise Buster is available as a standalone application and as a plug-in.
The plug-in version of Noise Buster offers batch mode that can improve a series of photos automatically. Batch processing saves a lot of time when it’s necessary to correct a number of photos taken with the same camera settings in similar circumstances.
The Noise Buster plug-in is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel Photo-Paint, Painter and Paint Shop Pro Photo, PhotoImpact, etc.
The software runs on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP /Vista/ Win 7; and on Macintosh Mac OS X 10.4-10.6.
Registered users can upgrade the software for free. The users who tried the previous version of Noise Buster and have their version expired, now have an opportunity to test the software again. Download the program: http://akvis.com/en/noise-buster/download-reduce-noise.php
AKVIS Noise Buster sells for $49 USD. It also comes bundled with AKVIS Enhancer (detail-revealing software) for $83 USD. Home users can enjoy the full line of AKVIS plug-ins in the AKVIS Alchemy bundle (Retoucher, Chameleon, MultiBrush, Enhancer, Coloriage, Noise Buster, Sketch, Decorator, LightShop, ArtSuite, SmartMask, Magnifier, ArtWork) for USD $325 USD, a savings of $513 over purchasing each separately. For business licenses consult the official web-site http://akvis.com
# # #