Wayne, NJ (PRWEB) November 11, 2009
The holiday season is right around the corner. While it is a delightful time of year, the holidays pack a one-two punch in favor of weight gain. Fancy feasts, magnificent morsels, and tasty treats throughout the holiday season seem to ensure over eating. Colder weather and shorter days seem to promote moving at a slower pace, or not at all. More food, less exercise leads to one thing: unwanted pounds. SlimShots' tips may help you minimize weight gain during the holiday season.
1. Put candy filled dishes away. Instead of keeping candy out in the open, put the tempting dishes in the most rarely opened cabinet. Out of sight is out of mind. You can always bring it out when entertaining guests. Still tempted? Be bold and throw it out.
2. Avoid using oil, butter, and heavy cream dressings on foods. Try seasoning salads and vegetable dishes with herbs, spices, nuts, or berries instead. Create bursts of complimentary flavors instead of drenching salads and veggies in high calorie condiments.
3. Prepare lighter desserts, serve smaller portions, and use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. Try assorted dishes like mixed fruit cups, sorbets, strawberry or other fresh fruit shortcakes and top with Cool Whip. These appealing and colorful treats are naturally sweet, refreshing, and typically far lower in calories than heavy cream pies, iced cakes, or cookies.
4. Curb your appetite with an appetite suppressant. There are safe and effective over-the-counter appetite suppressants that can help curb your appetite. SlimShots is clinically shown to help you eat up to 30% less for up to 8 hours while SlimFast helps curb the appetite for up to 4 hours.
5. Walk indoor malls and use stairs. Cold weather is not a license to hibernate or become sedentary. When holiday shopping, make it a point to walk the entire mall a couple of times, on all levels, BEFORE you shop! Whenever possible, use the stairs to help burn up holiday feasting calories.
# # #